Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it true that some FF canvesers are traveling around with minders?

• 29-01-2011 4:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭

I heard that some FF minions/canvessers are traveling with minders trying to blend into the background in case that someone tries to do a Chuck Norris and KOs one of them. Dillie O'Wee is getting ****ed out of it down in Limerick, everywhere he goes he gets an ear full. I can't see them keeping this up for a month lol.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

majority of people will shake their hands when the meet them. I'm not surprised the have a lot of people around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

hondasam wrote: »
    majority of people will shake their hands when the meet them.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

you know what people are like, some people still think the can do no wrong.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I've been starving the dog for when they call round.

hondasam wrote: »
    you know what people are like, some people still think the can do no wrong.

Those kind of people are a small minority now. I meet a lot of people and the one thing they have in in common is their hatred of FF. The wool has come off peoples eyes bigtime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

I wouldnt either. Bertie was up in Donegal a few months ago and you could sense serious tension in the air. A lot of broke, jobless and very angry people around.

Those kind of people are a small minority now. I meet a lot of people and the one thing they have in in common is their hatred of FF. The wool has come off peoples eyes bigtime.

I hope so, the are not going to get into government again anyway.

I wouldnt either. Bertie was up in Donegal a few months ago and you could sense serious tension in the air. A lot of broke, jobless and very angry people around.

It is surprising it can go anywhere at all without getting lynched.. Then again, he travels around with minders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

I heard that some FF minions/canvessers are traveling with minders trying to blend into the background in case that someone tries to do a Chuck Norris and KOs one of them. Dillie O'Wee is getting ****ed out of it down in Limerick, everywhere he goes he gets an ear full. I can't see them keeping this up for a month lol.

The answer is, NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

People are two faced.

Sure a polictian can be the biggest liar, corrupt, back-handing recieving bo**ox and you'll get some people calling him a lovely man. While it certainely isnt as many now as alot have turned against them, its also certainely not as few as one would think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Seems to have some bit of truth in Limerick at least:
    A Fine Gael canvasser this week claimed Fianna Fail would be lucky to escape with a tongue-lashing and that "things are now so bad that people are actually arming themselves".

"We were out canvassing in Janesboro and a 75-year-old man came to the door with a stick in his hand asking 'Who are ye?' The stick was for Fianna Fail, who he had voted for all his life."

Am I the only one who'd pay good money to watch an OAP beating an FF canvasser with a stick? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

They are corrupt in my eyes every last one of them and they wont get the time of day off me...
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/lets-get-rid-of-FIANNA-FAIL-controversial-corrupt-ministers-and-Taoiseach/312275129580

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

LighterGuy wrote: »
    People are two faced.

Sure a polictian can be the biggest liar, corrupt, back-handing recieving bo**ox and you'll get some people calling him a lovely man. While it certainely isnt as many, its also certainely not as few as one would think.

A few questions like so.

Part 1 abuse the **** out of them

Part 2 listen to them, if you smell **** abuse them

Are you FF . If yes go to part 1.

Did you vote , the budget threw ? If yes part 1 if no next question

Did you vote , the finance bill threw ? If yes part 1 if no next question

Did you vote , the 30 kph threw town threw ? If yes part 1 if no next question

Do you smell **** ? If yes part 1 , if no next question

Did you vote confidence in Finna Fail ? If yes part 1 if no next question

Did you vote confidence in any budget in the last 3 years ? If yes part1 , if no next question ...

And so on till you get a , Yes to move to part 1 then you can let loose , in this time you will smell ****e and go straight threw to part 2 . In fairness any Polictal figure that comes to my door is going to get an awful time.

No offense msg11
    but you completely lost me with your questions.

LighterGuy wrote: »
    No offense msg11
    but you completely lost me with your questions.

Yes , That was my plan . Also first time my username url was quoted in a post so thanks :)

yeah thats what happens when you copy and paste someones username on here :D

... but still confused to weather you are agreeing or disagreeing? haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

msg11 wrote: »
    A few questions like so.

Part 1 abuse the **** out of them

Part 2 listen to them, if you smell **** abuse them

Are you FF . If yes go to part 1.

Did you vote , the budget threw ? If yes part 1 if no next question

Did you vote , the finance bill threw ? If yes part 1 if no next question

Did you vote , the 30 kph threw town threw ? If yes part 1 if no next question

Do you smell **** ? If yes part 1 , if no next question

Did you vote confidence in Finna Fail ? If yes part 1 if no next question

Did you vote confidence in any budget in the last 3 years ? If yes part1 , if no next question ...

And so on till you get a , Yes to move to part 1 then you can let loose , in this time you will smell ****e and go straight threw to part 2 . In fairness any Polictal figure that comes to my door is going to get an awful time.

Very threw.

Very threw.

Thanks but there's a button for it. Only joking, I get a rise out of spelling incorrectly and seeing people disband into other realms about ones spelling.

And I am agreeing that everyone should take the piss out of them, just use my questionnaire and your on your way ..

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

I'd love to have frontrow seats to see Brian Cowen canvassing and getting "Chuck Norrissed"... the actual canvassers in the field not so much. Think they'll have a tough job for years ahead sitting in the opposition, actually having to come up with smart ideas for a change...
    From what I heard, the first thing people say to them when they open the door to a FFer is "Jeez, you're brave, very brave" :D

Advertisement