Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent!! need advice.. accouting rules...

Options
  • 29-01-2011 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I have a question!!!
    for example,, I own a cake shop.
    we make cakes and sell them to the customers.
    I have only 1 employee who makes a cake but sometimes when we are busy the employee delivers it to a customer to help me.
    In this case, do i have to classify labour cost into direct L.cost(cost of sales) and indirect L.cost(expense)??
    is it okay to put all labour cost under either expenses or cost of sales???
    is Direct L.cost and indirect L.cost tax-deductable?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

rmflsdl wrote: »
    I have a question!!!
    for example,, I own a cake shop.
    we make cakes and sell them to the customers.
    I have only 1 employee who makes a cake but sometimes when we are busy the employee delivers it to a customer to help me.
    In this case, do i have to classify labour cost into direct L.cost(cost of sales) and indirect L.cost(expense)??
    is it okay to put all labour cost under either expenses or cost of sales???
    is Direct L.cost and indirect L.cost tax-deductable?

whether a cost is direct or indirect has no bearing on its tax deductibility - staff costs are deductible.

as regards the classification of the costs - both would be direct costs, whether the employee makes the cakes or delivers them, both are direct costs.

Advertisement