Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to change WLAN Protocol on Cisco EPC2425

Options
  • 29-01-2011 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All

My Magicbox Imp Adapt - an Internet radio adapter attached to the HiFi - has gone into an 'Initialising network' loop. This followed rebooting my UPC Cisco EPC 2425 Cable Modem to avail of the 20Mb broadband service. According to the Reciva forums the Magicbox Imp Adapt does not support the 802.11n protocol. Apparently I need to reset the router to the the 'g' protocol or to the n+g or n+g+b protocol.

How do I do this?? I have been up and down the router settings including wireless - cant find it!!

All advice appreciated!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Stegliano wrote: »
    Hi All

My Magicbox Imp Adapt - an Internet radio adapter attached to the HiFi - has gone into an 'Initialising network' loop. This followed rebooting my UPC Cisco EPC 2425 Cable Modem to avail of the 20Mb broadband service. According to the Reciva forums the Magicbox Imp Adapt does not support the 802.11n protocol. Apparently I need to reset the router to the the 'g' protocol or to the n+g or n+g+b protocol.

How do I do this?? I have been up and down the router settings including wireless - cant find it!!

All advice appreciated!!

The Cisco doesn't support N.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Stegliano

Spear wrote: »
    The Cisco doesn't support N.

Thanks Spear - it must be some other problem with Magicbox Imp adapt.

Advertisement