Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

speakers to tv

• 29-01-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a set of surround sound speakers but the main unit died to they are just standalone now and have the two connecting points at the rear for speaker wire to be attached. I want to connect them to the sound out jack but im not sure how. I was thinking an old headphones jack , snip it and connect the wires to the speaker and daisy chain it from one speaker to the next (about 4 of them) or is there perhaps a connecter i can get or is it futile?

Any help is welcome!

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

you have a lot to learn my friend you need an amplifer to drive multible speakers the smaller the speakers the smaller the amp you need i presume you had a home cinema yoke in which the amplifier has gone so you are left with the speakers you would be as well off to replace the lot with a similar setup again because the speakers a worth dam all and a separate amp would be expensive and wasted on the existing speakers hope this is of some help to you

Advertisement