Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election 2011 - please take note

Options
  • 29-01-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭

At the time of writing we are still not sure of the date but that aside we can be sure that there will be a bit of debate here on the Donegal forum. People will naturally want to comment on various issues and if different threads are opened then it only leads to confusion with cross posting and off topic posts in the various threads.

To that end we will have ONE thread only in relation to the election. Politics is an emotive issue with some people but nevertheless it can never be used as an excuse for making derogatory and abusive comments. I can tell you all now that any such comments will not be acceptable and for those who would consider doing so Id ask you to think first before posting. I do sincerely hope that we can avoid banning anyone but should the situation arise then all bans will remain in place until after the election.

Comments, thoughts, opinions etc should relate to the Donegal constituencies and candidates only. Any comments posted about national politics will be moved to the politics forum or deleted depending on content.

In summary the main points are:
    1. One thread only for the election debate.
    2. Thread will deal with Donegal issues and Donegal candidates only.
    3. Any abusive comments will result in a ban until the election is over.

Feel free to post any questions you may have :)

Edit/ The thread is now live here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Excellent idea !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Sigh you take all the fun out of this Muffler! Although good points!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

danniemcq wrote: »
    Sigh you take all the fun out of this Muffler! Although good points!
    But Im going over to the Politics forum though to do a bit of trolling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

I'd like to start a thread on the rise and suposed fall of Frank Mc Brearty , as it would seem he has effectively been shelved by Labour now , would anyone object if I started a thread on this or is it too sensitive??

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

puffdragon wrote: »
    I'd like to start a thread on the rise and suposed fall of Frank Mc Brearty , as it would seem he has effectively been shelved by Labour now , would anyone object if I started a thread on this or is it too sensitive??
    Not a problem with the discussion but we will have to keep all political/election issues in one single thread.

Fire up a thread and give it the title "General Election 2011 - Donegal discussion thread" or something like that. I can then move Senna's query (above) over to the new thread then.

Let the party begin :D

Oh, one of the full time site managers has indicated that these type of threads will have to be moved to the main General Election forum initially and then sent back to here with a redirect left in the main forum. It wont affect the thread here though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement