Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motor tax online

• 29-01-2011 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

My tax was due in January, but I never got a renewal letter in the post. Didn't really fancy taking a day off work to go to the tax office so I had another close look at the motortax online website and discovered a "lost PIN" button ...was that always there?

Anyhow ...it works ...just enter your details and they send you a PIN seconds later in in an e-mail and you can tax your van online.

No mention of a DOE test either.

Needless to say, I'm a happy camper now :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Cool. Last time I lost my pin I had to phone them and wait a week for the postman to deliver one.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Des32

Your pin is usually the last four or five numbers of your chassis number which can be found on your log book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Des32 wrote: »
    Your pin is usually the last four or five numbers of your chassis number which can be found on your log book

In that case last year's PIN should have worked ... which it didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

peasant wrote: »
    In that case last year's PIN should have worked ... which it didn't

Did you check this years pin against your chassis number? I think you will find it does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

peasant wrote: »
    ............... No mention of a DOE test either.

Needless to say, I'm a happy camper now :D

Why should there be, as I keep saying on here, IT A'INT THE LAW YET, sorry for shouting.
    BTW, I do believe the Minister will probably have other priorities from now 'til he's out of a job, so the Amendment will await the Signature his replacement. :D

In the meantime, make sure none of you (I don't mean you personally peasant :)) have a brake pipe about to pop or a steering linkage about to drop off :o:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement