Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerbdog playing live again soon

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Now theres a blast from the past,haven't listened to them in yrs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Well sir, this is your chance to dig the tracks back up and have a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/Kerbdogdotcom

Maybe look for the 'Media Gallery' on the Kerbdog.com site when your at it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ahhhh the little band that could and never did :(

This news almost redeems Cormac for being involved with that all ireland "tallent" show bull crap on rté :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Ah I have been listening to On the Turn every morning on the way to work this week. Well if they are back then yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Would love to see them live again. Last time i seen them was at the Rock Garden in 1993!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I was a fan of them back in the day (never got into Wilt though) but only had a cassette of the debut album so I did a search on CDWOW to see if I get could the Cd for a couple of quid for old time's sake and I got this:

http://www.cdwow.ie/CD/various-artists-pledge-a-tribute-to-kerbdog/dp/7797383#bc=a7e2

If this isn't the most ridiculous thing ever, I don't know what is. How can a tribute album to Kebdog be justified?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Didn't they perform around 2007/08 around christmas time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

They've played a nice few shows over the past 5 years or so have they not.

Nice little model they're using. Reform for a handful of gigs then keep low for a year or two and you get buzz like this in the build up to their next few dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

Not interested unless they release some new material. It was a good idea to get back together 5 or 6 years ago for the sake of the fans who never got to see them the first time round, but there is a sense of the thing just being milked to death now. Am not handing over 20 euro again so they can feel like rock stars for a night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Woah some blast from the past alright. I'm chuffed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Are they performing as a four piece? Would be nice to hear Dummy Crusher/ Cleaver etc live again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I was a fan of them back in the day (never got into Wilt though) but only had a cassette of the debut album so I did a search on CDWOW to see if I get could the Cd for a couple of quid for old time's sake and I got this:

http://www.cdwow.ie/CD/various-artists-pledge-a-tribute-to-kerbdog/dp/7797383#bc=a7e2

If this isn't the most ridiculous thing ever, I don't know what is. How can a tribute album to Kebdog be justified?

cant say i've heard the entire album, but mike got spiked are mates of mine and did a good version of dry riser for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

A lot of bands list them as influences and as such got together to create a tribute album. Unsure who they would need to justify it to :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Yep, biffy clyro cite them as a big influence actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    A lot of bands list them as influences and as such got together to create a tribute album. Unsure who they would need to justify it to :)

Sorry, i just thought it was funny more than anything. Most tribute albums are for bands with long careers with many albums behind them. Kerbdog released 2 with neither being a massive hit.

Don't get me wrong, I liked them a lot when they were out (and just spent €9.96 on a 2nd hand copy of their debut album from some seller in the US offf Amazon.com to replace my old cassette copy) and maybe their influence was bigger then their popularity, but it just made me laugh when I saw it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I found a secondhand copy of their debut album in a thrift store in America for 25 cents. First time I ever ended up listening to them! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

S.M.B. wrote: »
    They've played a nice few shows over the past 5 years or so have they not.
    Yes they have, I saw them in Galway a few years ago. I think it was in the Róisín Dubh. It was pretty funny to see a load of older heads going nuts while the younger folks wondered what the fuss was about :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I saw them on the last reunion tour and they rocked. for those that missed it here is part one of thirteenof that gig back in 05,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDDQoIlCUi0

Would love to see them again.............

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

On the Turn was a great album.

buck65 wrote: »
    On the Turn was a great album.

Seld titled was way better IMO. Best metal album to come out of this country - riffs still sound huge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Remember being at their last gig in 1998 in "The Mean Fiddler", absolutely mental night and then meeting Graham Hopkins and chattiong to him (drunk) for 10/15 minutes and the guy could easily have told me to f**k off but he was so dead on!

Went to their reunion gig in the TBMC and it was like they had never been away:D

Seld titled was way better IMO. Best metal album to come out of this country
    High praise indeed. Do you really think it beats releases from the likes of Mass Extinction, Therapy or Primordial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Nice one. I meant to catch them at Oxegen '05 but i didn't get to see them. I'd love to see them in a small venue though, it'd be a cracking gig.

Malice wrote: »
    High praise indeed. Do you really think it beats releases from the likes of Mass Extinction, Therapy or Primordial?

Hands down (for me)! The riffs on the first album are just insanely good, and not a solo in sight. Love it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

There playing the Temple House Festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

There playing the Temple House Festival

In sligo? My mate lives next door................I should apologise to his folks now for the carnage that will ensue...........

get in there!!

frAg

Hands down (for me)! The riffs on the first album are just insanely good, and not a solo in sight. Love it.
    Fair enough so, I don't think they come close to Troublegum by Therapy but each to their own :).

I remember picking up their second album around the time I first got into Quake I. One of the many things that was fun about that game was that you could put an audio CD in and the game would play the tracks as the in-game audio.

I wonder were CD sales really the reason why they were dropped by their label? I mean pretty much anyone I know who was a rock/metal fan back then bought at least one of their albums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

It was probably more lack of sales in the UK and US, the label bought them to be a big deal elsewhere not just back home, if that didn't materialise then they were as good as gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

Malice wrote: »
    I wonder were CD sales really the reason why they were dropped by their label? I mean pretty much anyone I know who was a rock/metal fan back then bought at least one of their albums.

But how many rock/metal fans do you know in fairness? :) I seem to remember interviews with Cormac post break up that suggested the band had racked up some hefty bills and the label was alarmed by this. The Sally video for example apparently cost a s**t load of money.

Also, it was a bad time for the band really - sort of sandwiched in the post grunge and pre nu metal wilderness. If they'd had a Screamager style hit they might have faired better, but they weren't really that kind of band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭jenningso

The band never got a chance to tour America. They had the songs, the videos and the attitude. But their label never got behind them. In all fairness, if they HAD toured in the U.S., they'd probably be on their tenth album by now!

Advertisement