Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JWshooter

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Rest in peace J W.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Sad news, rest in peace JW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

I was looking through an old thread last night where a suitable cal. for deer was being discussed.

Someone came along and stated that a .223 is a well capable round for deer shooting if taking neck shots as a neck shot guarantees an instant kill..:rolleyes:

Jw replied saying... "If you want a guarantee buy a toaster"

Some of his one liners were brilliant and its his wit and vast experience that gained huge respect from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

John was one of the first lads on this forum to start offering me advise on various hunting - shooting issues.
    I always found him informative and confident in his knowledge.
    Thanks for the help JW, and may you forever rest in peace.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family & friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭wicklow newbie

R.I.P. John.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I've been away from this forum for a long time and this is the first thread to grab my interest, and i'm saddened by the new.

i always read his posts with great interest and valued his opinions even if i didn't alway agree with them.

I imagine the hunting is good where he's gone and i'm sure there isn't a superintentant to be found.

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Hezz700 wrote: »
    I've been away from this forum for a long time and this is the first thread to grab my interest, and i'm saddened by the new.

i always read his posts with great interest and valued his opinions even if i didn't alway agree with them.

I imagine the hunting is good where he's gone and i'm sure there isn't a superintentant to be found.

R.I.P

Well said, a tribute to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭theirishguy

RIP John, you will be greatly missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

very sad may he rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

a true honest gent who got straight to the point,
    R.I.P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Vegeta wrote: »
    The fact that John made such a big impact on so many people (most he hasn't even met) is a true measure of the mans character, skill and dedication.

True.

Even those across the sea.

God Bless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭GixxerThou

Just back from stalking, had JW's GWP Fern with me, she pointed one deer in a wood which I shot and had a good find on, shot another hind which ran and had a good find on it too. She is still out of sorts missing John but hopefully she will take to me and I'll have as much enjoyment with her as John did. Was quite an emotional morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

Fair play its sad way to end up with a dog like that she probably knows more about stalking than most if she could talk i wonder would she tell you about the mistakes your making .Good to see the dog used the way john would have wanted plenty of work and well looked after. I cant imagine what went tru your head today jason and ferns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Haven't really been online that much due to other things going on but very shocked to hear of JW's passing may he RIP..

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

i can't believe i didn't see this until now , i was just thinking about this man the other day and thinking i haven't seen him post anywhere this past few months as i really enjoyed him posts and also spoke with him quite a bit through pm's , it was just today when i seen a post on boards for jw shooter memorial shoot i thought WHAT ? then i searched a few posts and found this and it really saddens me that i didn't see this to now ,

R.I.P John..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I haven't been in here for a while either and am only seeing this thread now. Saddened to hear of his passing.

What brought me here again was to mention the sudden tragic loss today of my own shooting partner of many years, Don Rennicks.

Some of you will have come across him either at our Dunderry Clay shoots or on the DTL circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Rest in peace John

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

What brought me here again was to mention the sudden tragic loss today of my own shooting partner of many years, Don Rennicks.

Sorry to hear that pullandbang. :(

I was out yesterday and taught of john a good few times it was one of his favourite times of the year.

gone but not forgotten
    R.I.P john

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

steyrman2 wrote: »
    I was out yesterday and taught of john a good few times it was one of his favourite times of the year.

gone but not forgotten
    R.I.P john

Here, here. John thought me everything I know about stalking. A passionate and learned man who I think about every time I step into the field. A real no bull sh*t kinda guy who was always willing to impart his knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.james1984

rip

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Co. Wexford clay pigeon clubspresent
    John Wickham memorial charity shoot
    Sunday 16th September 2012
    At
    Rathnure grounds
    Starting @ 11.30am
    50 sporting targets @ €15
    15 DTL @ €5
    All proceeds to
    Enniscorthy Slaney search and rescue.
    Prizes down to 14th place
    Ladies & Junior Catagories
    Raffle and spot prizes on the day
    A great fun day to be had by all
    Eye and hearing protection to be worn by everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭syconerd

sad to see another loss to the shooting community such a nice guy if there ever was and he knew a thing or two
    may he rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

If it isnt too sensitive an issue or impertinent to ask,but what caused his death???:confused:
    PM or public answer..

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

OK got the answer ..Thanks all who responded by PM..
    A sad ,horrible,and stupid death.:(:(:(:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

steyrman2 wrote: »

gone but not forgotten
    R.I.P john

Time goes quick but memory's last forever one of johns favourite times is upon us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

I can't recall talking to the gent. Respects to John. RIP

Advertisement