Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PG Dip in Speech and Language Therapy

Options
  • 29-01-2011 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm doing a PhD at the moment in the humanities (literature). I'm enjoying the course and definitely want to finish the degree for my own sake. I've already realised I don't want to be a lecturer (I've been tutoring and done some lecturing as well). I'm enjoying the research so far, and really just want to get it over and done with in the next two years so I can move on.

I'm considering other options after my PhD already as I want to make sure the choices I make are worthwhile. I'll be 25 graduating with a PhD, so I'm a young buck still! I was considering doing the PG Dip in SLT as it combines a lot of areas I'd be interested in (linguistics, psychology, science, care etc.). Has anyone done the course here?

The only thing I'm worried about (which is silly) is taking exams as I haven't taken any exams in quite a while! Are there many in the course?

I'm going to start volunteering in my local area and work with some older people, which will help with the application and will generally give me a welcomed break from research!

Thanks,

R

Advertisement