Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollister Ballina-New jobs

Options
  • 29-01-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering what areas will/are hollister recruiting for in the ballina expansion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

See here....seems to be a lot of R&D personnel.....

http://sh.webhire.com/servlet/av/search

and this one....

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/R-D-Engineer-6442616.aspx

The Mayo section of irishjobs.ie provides a good insight.

See Ballina Beverages are looking for a demand planner for the last 5 months and some customer service people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭hsi

There are lots of Jobs in Ballina, Coke also has vacancies. Problem is people in Ballina don't have the right skill sets for some of the Jobs. Long gone are the days that a leaving cert would get you a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

what jobs are available in ballina?
    what skill sets are needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

liam12989 wrote: »
    what jobs are available in ballina?
    what skill sets are needed

Lab Technicians, demand analysts, multilingual quality control.

http://www.sigmarrecruitment.com/vacancy/vacancyId/40313031/

most of the jobs need some type of 3rd level qualifications.

• Advertisement

anyone have any update on the jobs here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

There were a good few taken on about two months ago. Apparently they take people on for the summer months too so you might still be in with a chance to get something.
    Just try to get an application form and make sure to mention anyone you know that works there on the form!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

smurfy89 wrote: »
    Just try to get an application form and make sure to mention anyone you know that works there on the form!

Surely you should get a job by what you know and not who you know? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Hollister seem to be one of the only places around that don't employ on who you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Hollister seem to be one of the only places around that don't employ on who you know.

Ballina Beverages?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Paul4As wrote: »
    Surely you should get a job by what you know and not who you know? :)

Well I'm just going on what friends and family have told me.

Pretty sure there's a section on the application form where you mention people you know working there. Have never applied myself but have seen the forms and nearly sure that's on it. Could be mistaken though :o

I've applied and I know a few people who are fairly well established there, didn't seem to make a difference. I've heard similiar stories and the general consensus is that it's more like a lottery than anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭christy_weezer

Im doing 4th year in computer&electronic engineering in gmit now and in february we have to do a workplacement(min of 10 weeks, max 6 months, ideally i want 3 months), was wondering if anyplaces round ballina take on interns? im from dromore west in sligo so ballina is the ideal location for me so would be great to get a placement there, thanks for any help

anyone here any update on these? what jobs have not yet been interviewed for yet? etc

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

They are still taking on people Liam, 6 more started today, generally for production operators and some engineers.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    They are still taking on people Liam, 6 more started today, generally for production operators and some engineers.

Eddie, do you work there? Could you pm me a HR name or an email address to send off a CV to? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    Eddie, do you work there? Could you pm me a HR name or an email address to send off a CV to? Thanks.

Hey there, you need to drop into the front office, pick up and fill out an application form. You can take as many as you like! It's the only form of application they take (as far as I'm aware). Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Hey there, you need to drop into the front office, pick up and fill out an application form. You can take as many as you like! It's the only form of application they take (as far as I'm aware). Best of luck :)
    Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

just be aware that it can take quite a while to get the call
    a friend interviewed 6 months before he was offered a position , for another it was nearly a year..

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭username84

Does anyone know if they are still recruiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

i dropped a form in there in september, and the girl said that they had just taken on a new batch and it could be 3-4 months before they would be taking more..

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

username84 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they are still recruiting?
    i heard last night that

just edited that , not to create panic

Anything substantial to back it up?

I worked in a very big factory a few years back and rumours of redundencies would surface from within every so often without anything materialising!

It's worrying if there's any truth to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

Anything substantial to back it up?

I worked in a very big factory a few years back and rumours of redundencies would surface from within every so often without anything materialising!

It's worrying if there's any truth to it.
    well the guy that told me , was saying his relation is there for years and this was the news she had home, then conversation went on to allergen
    of course it was at the back door of the pub , for a smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭username84

neiphin wrote: »
    well the guy that told me , was saying his relation is there for years and this was the news she had home, then conversation went on to allergen
    of course it was at the back door of the pub , for a smoke
    I think the closest they are to redundancies is the fact that they have had to rearrange staff because of taking on too many over the last few months and over producing a product with a sell by date.

Sure they only just built the extention!

Advertisement