Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Video] Tim Sylvia v Abe Wagner.

Comments

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Tim looked every ounce of his 311lbs!! his search for a return to the UFC s definitely over after this.

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Tim_Sylvia_vs_Abe_Wagner_Titan_Fighting_Champio?vid=10016261&tid=100

311 pounds is ridiculous, you have to ask was he actually training at all for this fight?
    4 seconds less than it took Fedor to topple him I think. I heard his next fight is against Butterbean in Sumo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He must have made bad choices with his earnings over the years if he's still fighting. He certainly doesn't look like he trains or even cares anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

mod edit-Fighter abuse, one month ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I always disliked him too. He always seemed like a clown, I hated that he used to wear his belt EVERYWHERE. But one thing I liked about him is he was tough. He didn't tap after Mir broke his arm and wanted to keep going. Amazing............ but...... he became boring after he got his arm broken. He didn't wanna risk injury, he didn't wanna risk getting hit, he didn't wanna risk ANYTHING and became boring as hell. So there was nothing to like about the guy.

But for some reason, I always wanted to see him back in the UFC. I thought he still had the skills etc and wanted to see how he would fare against some of the HW division today. But there's no way now. Not after losing to Abe Wagner!

And he looked a state. Does he even still train at MFS?

I always disliked him too. He always seemed like a clown, I hated that he used to wear his belt EVERYWHERE. But one thing I liked about him is he was tough. He didn't tap after Mir broke his arm and wanted to keep going. Amazing............ but...... he became boring after he got his arm broken.

Can you recommend any good fight performances from him to watch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

weemcd wrote: »

Honestly???? I can't think of one

weemcd wrote: »

Yeah this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Awesome attempt at putting a link in :P:P:P

Had to quote the fail! ;)

scudzilla wrote: »
    Awesome attempt at putting a link in :P:P:P

Had to quote the fail! ;)

I forgot about the whole silly You Tube embedding thing here!

And i'd have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you pesky kids!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I'd say his first win Vs Arlovski was his best performance.
    Apparently he's got a day job as a cop now. I think the skillset and conditioning of todays heavyweights have just passed him by. He was on top in the UFC at a time when Pride had by far the better heavyweights.

His most memorable fight would have to be the Couture loss though. Even today that fight still amazes me!

• Advertisement

Richy06 wrote: »
    His most memorable fight would have to be the Couture loss though. Even today that fight still amazes me!

First fight I saw him involved in, complete downhill from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Tim Sylvia has now become an embarrassment. It's impossible to root for the guy when he himself clearly doesn't give a fu€k no more! 311lbs FFS :rolleyes: Did he even train for the fight?

Tim Sylvia has now become an embarrassment. It's impossible to root for the guy when he himself clearly doesn't give a fu€k no more! 311lbs FFS :rolleyes: Did he even train for the fight?

And I mean, it's not as if it was because it was a "Super Heavyweight" fight. Wagner was under the Super Heavyweight limit, he was a Heavyweight. Sylvia obviously just didnt wanna bother training. And he looked terrible physically.

He's an embarrassment, you hit the nail on the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pauldoo

hes only 34 too, when he was in ufc he didnt even make the 265 limit, hes a mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

There is a fine line between what we consider fighter criticism, and fighter abuse. Even though Tim Sylvia doesnt have many fans,please try and keep comments respectful. Stay classy people

dunkamania wrote: »
    There is a fine line between what we consider fighter criticism, and fighter abuse. Even though Tim Sylvia doesnt have many fans,please try and keep comments respectful. Stay Classy San Diego

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dunkamania wrote: »
    There is a fine line between what we consider fighter criticism, and fighter abuse. Even though Tim Sylvia doesnt have many fans,please try and keep comments respectful. Stay San Diego
    FYP
    Stay San Diego?
    Fix Fail :P

Stay San Diego?
    Fix Fail :P

What? I don't know what you're talking about! I fixed it perfectly.......... no edits after I saw this or nothing......... i swear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Video doesnt seem to be working for me.Keep getting a page loading error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭p to the e

This is seriously the first time I've seen him in a while and I was actualy shocked at how overweight he looked. I honestly feel bad for the guy. I read Jonathan Snowden's book titled "Total MMA" and in it he says that Sylvia had quite a tough life. An abusive childhood got him into martial arts and then when he went to train MMA(in Miletechs gym i think) Mat Hughes and Jens Pulver used to make his life hell if you could believe it.

• Advertisement

Off topic and all but Total MMA is a great book by the way! I'd recommend it to anyone who even had a passing interest in the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

p to the e wrote: »
    This is seriously the first time I've seen him in a while and I was actualy shocked at how overweight he looked. I honestly feel bad for the guy. I read Jonathan Snowden's book titled "Total MMA" and in it he says that Sylvia had quite a tough life. An abusive childhood got him into martial arts and then when he went to train MMA(in Miletechs gym i think) Mat Hughes and Jens Pulver used to make his life hell if you could believe it.

Hughes and Pulver were supposed to be complete and utter ar*eholes to anyone who came to the gym.. I still can't understand why I still love both those guys. Pulver had the sh*ttest childhood I could ever imagine, and I hope that's why. From Hughes' book he just seems like a massive twat.. Still love 'em both though :pac:

Sad to see the bigman get even bigger, seems like he just doesn't care at this stage, tbh, I think thats the right option for him and I'm glad he's got a career sorted out for himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Cowboy_909

You would almost feel sorry for him, as horrible as it is to say about a fighter he is really embarrassing at this stage. Never liked the guy but I would hope he would retire to keep some credibility to being a former UFC heavyweight champion, because his recent performances are further diminishing his reputation.

Advertisement