Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Economics Help*

• 29-01-2011 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

I'm in 5th year and am doing Economics by myself. I started after Christmas and have done:
    1. The Consumer and Utility
    2. Introduction to Economics
    3. Population
    4. Supply and Demand

I'm doind about 1 chapter a week and want to know what chapter I should do next?. I was considering Economic Growth and Development in the macro section?. Also if anyone has any tips etc feel free to post them too.. Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

It would make sense to do economic growth and development with population.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Shamrok wrote: »
    It would make sense to do economic growth and development with population.
    Economics Growth and Development it is then!. May I ask you hwat book do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mm5

I think it would probably be best to do all the micro first, then move on to macro?

mm5 wrote: »
    I think it would probably be best to do all the micro first, then move on to macro?
    Thanks for the reply! Do you think that would be better if I did the Micro then the Macro?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Definately start with the micro, I'd suggest the elasticity of demand/supply curves next, followed by market equilibrium. Then move onto your 4 factors of productions and your 5 market structures! Study the factors and structures well as they are big players in your exam. I think they accounted for 33% of an exam a while back? They usually get 1 essay on them so that's 75 marks there :)

• Advertisement

magicianz wrote: »
    Definately start with the micro, I'd suggest the elasticity of demand/supply curves next, followed by market equilibrium. Then move onto your 4 factors of productions and your 5 market structures! Study the factors and structures well as they are big players in your exam. I think they accounted for 33% of an exam a while back? They usually get 1 essay on them so that's 75 marks there :)

What chapter is Market Equilibrium in?. Yeah the Factors of Production and 4 market market structures are guaranteed to appear every year aren't they?.

So if you have to answer 4 Long question at 75 marks each and The Factors of production and a market structure appear every year that's 150/400 marks you can definitely aim for?. I'm going on a rant sorry!.. I'm looking for a B3 in Honours. If I could get this I would be ecstatic! Think I will start Elasticity this week instead so! Any other tips?. Does Rapid Revision give enough info to do an exam paper? Thanks

Not a clue what chapter cause I don't use a book :P it'd be like ehhmm.....demand and supply curves on the same diagram with a position where they crossed marked E or something? It will be near the demand and supply sections!

It's not 2 essays, it'll probably be 1 and a bit essays but usually there will be 1 essay with a mix of Market structures and factors of production. The sections are mixed quite a lot in economics which is why you can't really focus like maths or something.

If I have the time at lunch during the week I'll try and pop down to easons and see what the books are like. :) the main thing about economics is to be precise! Looking at old papers with marking schemes will show you the key words/phrases/ diagrams that are needed to max your marks :)

Not a clue what chapter cause I don't use a book :P it'd be like ehhmm.....demand and supply curves on the same diagram with a position where they crossed marked E or something? It will be near the demand and supply sections!

It's not 2 essays, it'll probably be 1 and a bit essays but usually there will be 1 essay with a mix of Market structures and factors of production. The sections are mixed quite a lot in economics which is why you can't really focus like maths or something.

If I have the time at lunch during the week I'll try and pop down to easons and see what the books are like. :) the main thing about economics is to be precise! Looking at old papers with marking schemes will show you the key words/phrases/ diagrams that are needed to max your marks :)
    Oh I think I did Market Equilbrium in The Supply and Demand chapter.. From memory is it "the price of a good so that everything that is produced or supplied is sold/demanded.."

And it has an x and y axis and a supply and demand line that meet in the middle and the middle is the equilbrium price?

Yeah that sounds about right! :) start looking at exam questions as soon as your done a section. If you're not sure if you're done the whole section, check te front of the papers for the summaries and they should help sort you out :) there is a section in macro that requires current government figures and stuff like that that tak research, not exactly sure what they are myself tho =\

Yeah that sounds about right! :) start looking at exam questions as soon as your done a section. If you're not sure if you're done the whole section, check te front of the papers for the summaries and they should help sort you out :) there is a section in macro that requires current government figures and stuff like that that tak research, not exactly sure what they are myself tho =\
    Do Edco do Economics papers?

• Advertisement

I don't know but I'm using folens myself :) you can always use examinations.ie for now til you get them :)

Advertisement