Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you want to see?

• 29-01-2011 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭

Well friends, it looks like Stargate may be coming to an end as a whole. For the moment there's nothing to look forward to beyond SGU2 wrapping up.

What would you have liked to see in any SG that wasn't covered (or wasn't covered enough)?

For me?

****ing FURLINGS!!!
    Don't mention them in season two if you aren't going to use them!!!

...(A dead Chloe)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

More of Lt. Boobs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

More McKay.

this one: 220px-RodneyMcKaypic.jpg

not this one, M'kay?

z163460791.jpg

not gay or anything, just liked the character. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Why would they bother showing the Furlings when they could drive fans mad with the mystery of them :D

Nothing in-particular that I would have liked them to expand on but I'd definitely like to see the SG1 and SGA DVD movies to be taken out of limbo :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd like for significant things that happened have more influence of the overall plot. Like the episode where they find out the stargate was activated in 1945. So sg1 go to the planet where yerman went to in 1945 and Daniel finds out it was a meeting place for the four great races and there's this really important piece of technology that could hold the secrets of the universe inside it. It's so important that Daniel was willing to give up his life for the extremely slim chance that he'll be able to recover the stargate and get back home when the storm subsides. Yet when they get their hands on goa'uld ships and build their own ships they don't bother heading back here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,614 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Season finale, throw all the cards of the table and have a fit, the last 20 minutes will just be a spartacus orgy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The Stargate program being made public knowledge.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

an actual end to series like atlantis etc or any of them :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Humans being human. plundering new worlds for technology and gold. and perhaps oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Like above, the Stargate program being made public and the discovery of the Furlings (they were mentioned in what, the second season of SG-1 for crying out loud).

Carter back in command of and a proper finale for Atlantis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

Humans being human. plundering new worlds for technology and gold. and perhaps oil.

Humans being pirates, you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

Reading this thread really highlights a lot, theres loads of major plot devices they never used :/

Definetly public knowledge, furlings too, and +1 for more mckay (definetly gay for that dude :pac:). Ancients++ from universe too of course.

I wanted to see a definetive conclusion to the fate of the tolan, along with more of the nox - especially if their pacifist ways were to be really tested. The 'Four races' werent really milked enough imho.

Not much then :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

The stargate to be made public knowledge after it turns out that the furlings are a race of evil little bastards who attack the planet and force them to tell people about its existance. Carter and O'Neill to end up together! No more vala.

For atlantis i'd like to see them return to pegasus and kick some wraith ass.

For destiny, Chloe dead, the ship destroyed, the all powerful aliens to send everyone who survives back to earth with no memories or whats happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

I def want to see more about the furlings!

and I've ALWAYS wanted to see about publication of the Stargate Program

and for Universe, I want to know about the static noise as proof of an intellegent life force at the birth of the universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

for replicator weir coming to earth and blowing it to dust, starting with the stargate writing staff:mad:

don ramo wrote: »
    for replicator weir coming to earth and blowing it to dust, starting with the stargate writing staff:mad:

*SyFy Board of Directors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

A scene every now and again that showed the archeologists and scientists being trained in the P90's that were freely handed out.

Surley wrote: »
    A scene every now and again that showed the archeologists and scientists being trained in the P90's that were freely handed out.

Stargate was sponsored by the company that made P90's!
    Everyone had to have one, it was in their contract!

There would've just been entire seasons of diplomatic talks and peace if P90co hadn't stipulated that P90's must discharge at least 6,000,000 rounds per season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

More Alien races that don't speak English.

Also the opening of the stargate program to the public could be great. Like the alternative future episode of SG1 where the stargate is like an airport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Boobs...lots of boobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Boobs...lots of boobs.

there's a whole internet of boobs out there, y'know ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'd like for significant things that happened have more influence of the overall plot. Like the episode where they find out the stargate was activated in 1945. So sg1 go to the planet where yerman went to in 1945 and Daniel finds out it was a meeting place for the four great races and there's this really important piece of technology that could hold the secrets of the universe inside it. It's so important that Daniel was willing to give up his life for the extremely slim chance that he'll be able to recover the stargate and get back home when the storm subsides. Yet when they get their hands on goa'uld ships and build their own ships they don't bother heading back here.

+1.
    Lots of episodes like that.

I would have liked to see SG1 finish on a higher note, ie Lost City, instead of kinda dragging it out like they did.

I also would have preferred Atlantis to have maintained the tone they established in season 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

i thought anubis was a really cool character that was really under used,for someone so powerful they got rid of him a bit too handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

A few head shots now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

I wanted a proper end to SGA and SGU. is that too much to ask? I feel like throwing up now that it's all over.

The SG series had it all, decent story-lines (some might say excellent story-lines), a likable cast, the prefect mix of humour, action, drama and suspense and pretty good FX.

I simply can't be bothered with Battle star ****lactica and I feel there's just no scifi left that's worth watching, I don't know if I can go on anymore tear.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Would have been nice to head back there and get that knowledge but Im sure getting all the Asgard knowledge, pretty much all the Ancient knowledge (I know not all that they can take in at one go but with a fully functioning ancient city and numerous other things they've picked up along the way and im sure theres more repositories knocking about the place too), they know where the Nox are hanging out if they want to call round for a cup of tea and a chat and who cares about the Furlings at this stage.

Maybe the meaning of life stuff on that planet had something to do with a mysterious signal being found in the background of all the cosmic noise and the 3 other races said no thats non-sense but the Ancients said feck it we'll send a ship anyway and call it Destiny. Then thought sure whats the worse that can happen, its hardly as if millions of years from now a second evolution of our race will accidently stumble on-board and continue the mission....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

a followup to the crystal skull episode!

seems like an apt way to finish off the thread.

R.I.P. SG:U :(

20110513_2677.png

vibe666 wrote: »
    seems like an apt way to finish off the thread.

R.I.P. SG:U :(

20110513_2677.png[MG]

*coughricharddowercough!*

Dwaegon wrote: »
    *coughricharddowercough!*
    well he did call it first. ;)

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote: »
    well he did call it first. ;)

..."Oh mighty Richard Dower! Pray use your mighty skills of foresight to tell us when the rapture be upon us truly!"

(He kinda did, yeah...)

Advertisement