If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What 5.1 speakes

Options
  • 29-01-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I recently got a Onkyo TX-SR875 for a great price suits me perfectly now im onto choosing speakers for my set up which includes

HDTV
    Ps3 used as blu-ray as well
    HD SAT box

I also be using the receiver as my music center as well with a
    Technics sl mk5 turntable and a cd player.

budget is 400 euros I'm also hoping the speakers arent huge but offer amazing sound sorry for the messy post

all the best
    Jon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Jon.

Cheers for the post and nice receiver.

I have an older 806 and love it to bits.

If your budget is 400 Euro, then the best pack that you could go for would be the Boston XS5.1. This is currently priced at £269.95 so would come in under budget and is a great little speaker pack that's well reviewed and the speakers are about the smallest you'll get.

There are lots of boardies on here who have these and love them.

If the budget was a bit higher, I could do you a Monitor Audio Vector pack for 359.95 / 429.95 Euro.

This is a much superior pack but the speakers are a bit larger but it's well worth the extra.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.