Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remove chip from a memory card? (HELP?)

Options
  • 29-01-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I also posted this in the photography forum, but I thought that readers here may be able to help.

Once upon a time I dropped a camera, tripod, lens and Compact Flash card into a small river. The tripod lived, the camera and lens didn't, and the memory card worked initially, but then stopped. The pictures on the card are not the greatest ever taken, but one picture from another card the same morning was on the weather forecast , so there could be some stuff worth saving. The sandisk recovery disk didn't work, and when I brought it intlo Conns they saved a fw jpegs from the card, but not the 50 raws I'm trying to recover. One computer shop I went to said the files could be recovered by dismantling the card, and placing the chip in another card to copy the files off it. They weren't interested in doing it, and went bust since so I can't get a recommendation as to who could do this.
    Can anyone here recommend someone who could do this, or where I should put this question?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Nollog

Depends what part's failing and why.

I used sellotape to stick back a 2gb sd card when it fell apart.
    It didn't work in other sd card cards though so I dunno and compact flash might be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Buckz wrote: »
    I also posted this in the photography forum, but I thought that readers here may be able to help.

Once upon a time I dropped a camera, tripod, lens and Compact Flash card into a small river. The tripod lived, the camera and lens didn't, and the memory card worked initially, but then stopped. The pictures on the card are not the greatest ever taken, but one picture from another card the same morning was on the weather forecast , so there could be some stuff worth saving. The sandisk recovery disk didn't work, and when I brought it intlo Conns they saved a fw jpegs from the card, but not the 50 raws I'm trying to recover. One computer shop I went to said the files could be recovered by dismantling the card, and placing the chip in another card to copy the files off it. They weren't interested in doing it, and went bust since so I can't get a recommendation as to who could do this.
    Can anyone here recommend someone who could do this, or where I should put this question?

I'm just guessing but wouldnt you have to desolder the chip then solder it back onto the other card? If so just get someone that is really handy at soldering to do it

Advertisement