Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SnakeBite Tattoo

Options
  • 29-01-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Im sure some people here are looking at the title of the thread and thinking its gonna start another debate about which tattoo shop is best. Not what im looking for! Im just looking for;
    1. people who have recently gotten work done there to share their opinion with me.
    2. is there any artist in particular in SnakeBite that prefers to do Japenese work?
    Im getting two pretty big pieces done there in the next few months and id like to hear some feedback! Last tattoo artist (IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH SNAKEBITE) i went to tried to change my mind to suit his limited skill so im just looking for extra info on these guys. Have already looked up their websites, and spoken to them. now im looking for your help :)
    Thanks,
    GG.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

hey, i got my 2nd tat there just over a week ago - by Sean. i dont know what his speciality is. He suggested ideas about shading and improving the design i was looking at - which i went for as it sounded great. the result is even better. really excellent at shading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

tried to change my mind to suit his limited skill
    Most tattoo artists will do this. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's better than attempting something they're not confident of pulling off anyway. It gives you the option of accepting the compromise or finding another artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Aishae wrote: »
    hey, i got my 2nd tat there just over a week ago - by Sean. i dont know what his speciality is. He suggested ideas about shading and improving the design i was looking at - which i went for as it sounded great. the result is even better. really excellent at shading.

thanks for the reply! i really like sean and robs work! if you dont mind me asking did they charge you the hourly rate or did they just give you a set price?? im heading in next week with with designs and stuff and would like to know what to expect!

i get the impression that the pricing varies with all tattoo parlours... mine was 100 - i gave them a clear picture and told them the extras i wanted including merging the pic with another pic and they quoted around 100 - it turned out to be 100. it didnt take quite an hour so im not sure what the usual charging method is

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Have a look at their Facebook page, they have a load of photos up there that should hopefully help you choose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭cytex

Im sure some people here are looking at the title of the thread and thinking its gonna start another debate about which tattoo shop is best. Not what im looking for! Im just looking for;
    1. people who have recently gotten work done there to share their opinion with me.
    2. is there any artist in particular in SnakeBite that prefers to do Japenese work?
    Im getting two pretty big pieces done there in the next few months and id like to hear some feedback! Last tattoo artist (IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH SNAKEBITE) i went to tried to change my mind to suit his limited skill so im just looking for extra info on these guys. Have already looked up their websites, and spoken to them. now im looking for your help :)
    Thanks,
    GG.

K haven't got my tattoo yet going in on wendesday To get it . However I Will share my experience so far. I went in with a very good idea what I wanted. She Asked me questions and took notes and was very friendly and explained my options and gave me her ideas on styles etc.

She then Emailed me the draft sketch which turned out what was in my head with some extra ideas that made it a little better . :D So overall a real good experince with them so far looking forward till wednesday to get my first tattoo .

have you checked these guys out for japenese work ?
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/WHITE-DRAGON-TATTOO/111222238891026

theyre very good at communication - im deaf so i initially emailed to enquire and we sorted everything out - then i went in and they had to write down what they said - they did that without fuss. im used to getting eyerolls when i ask them to write what they say in shops. so id recommend them for customer service too

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

I got my first tattoo in there last September and I was really happy with it. I think the girl's name was Denise or something. I was charged a set price.
    Here it is a few hours after I got it done
    tattoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Have had a number of pieces done by Erin (as has my sister) - can't recommend her highly enough.m

Have seen Denise's and Rob's work up close on a number of occasions and can't speak highly enough of them.

Sean I think is just starting out as such but his early work looks pretty good on Facebook.

Their customer service is always a high point for me, from artist to Lena who takes all the bookings and gives preliminary advices etc...

strolled in yesterday and had a chat with them. i couldnt believe it. treated like i was the only one in there! and the place was busy. asked for their own opinions and Denise was recommended to me. saw some of her other work not online and am delighted. hoping to have me designs back to me this week and booked in for next tuesday. really looking forward to it. thanks for all your help. il keep you all posted with how i get on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

One of the lads in work has a full Japanese sleeve done by Rob and is in the middle of having a back piece done by Rob as well.

That lad is seriously talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

He is, Rob is pretty awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

I'm heading in today to have a bit of a chat. I've been humming and hawing for way too long and finally have a good idea of what I want. Can't wait!

hey. id like to thank everyone for all there help and opinions here. Went in yesterday to get it done with denise. The stencil she drew up literally left me speechless! it was amazing. The whole thing took about 4 and a half hours. The finished tattoo is better than i could have ever hoped for. She (Denise) took a pic of it and its now up on there Facebook Page. Really cant say enough for the people here. So helpful and professional. Once i have the money its straight back in to get number 2 done! This is my new baby :) what do ye think??
    http://on.fb.me/hTBTWI

seriously excellent shading - it really makes it pop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Let me be the first to congratulate you. That is savage.

Second then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

i used to pierce there years ago. great to here theyre still doing well :)

that was just after i had it done. The shading in the back is supposed to fade once it starts to heal she said. At first i wsa hoping to get colour in the background of it but she advised against it. so we decided on the fan style! it really does look amazing.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Let me be the first to congratulate you. That is savage.

Second then!

Thanks very much. im really happy with it :D if only i could stop the Bepanthem aftercare cream from sticking to my clothes id be sorted! *shudders*

i used to pierce there years ago. great to here theyre still doing well :)

They only have the one room upstairs to tattoo still so she was saying it can get crowded with 3 artists in there. There supposedly getting the room next door so they have more space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

Very nice tattoo, great work

I was in there about an hour ago to have a chat about getting my first one. Spoke with Seán; lovely fellah. He seemed really enthusiastic about it! I'm getting dot work/geometric stuff done as a quarter sleeve. So excited!

hey. id like to thank everyone for all there help and opinions here. Went in yesterday to get it done with denise. The stencil she drew up literally left me speechless! it was amazing. The whole thing took about 4 and a half hours. The finished tattoo is better than i could have ever hoped for. She (Denise) took a pic of it and its now up on there Facebook Page. Really cant say enough for the people here. So helpful and professional. Once i have the money its straight back in to get number 2 done! This is my new baby :) what do ye think??
    http://on.fb.me/hTBTWI
    I saw that one on the facebook page earlier! Looks fantastic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

Im not sure if any one has heard of him but i went to johnny eagles for my first tattoo and i found him great , the thin outline and shading was great :D

I saw that one on the facebook page earlier! Looks fantastic! :)

thanks very much! its healing nicely aswell. Going in next month for a touch up and then getting the female fou dog on my left thing. il bump this thread when its finished.

Im not sure if any one has heard of him but i went to johnny eagles for my first tattoo and i found him great , the thin outline and shading was great :D

And this belongs in a thread about Snakebite why?

I spent a solid 10 minutes or so walking up and down Middle Abbey St. until I found the bastarding door. It's like a ninja tattoo shop.

i had to stop into a shop and ask for directions. felt a SMALL bit stupid when he pointed across the road!! :o

i had to stop into a shop and ask for directions. felt a SMALL bit stupid when he pointed across the road!! :o

I know! It's humiliating. But it also feels cool and exclusive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jesica Fletcher

Anyone have any idea how much a small piece on my foot is gonna cost me? No colour, just a bunch of swirly lines really!

Advertisement