Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Straight pull bolt action

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

if straight is so good how , come it never caught on with the armies of the world. leaving a side cost , this is just me i feel much safer with a turn bolt . i have never owned a straight but i have seen several near ones with straight pull . it might have been the owners fault , the rifles, were 5.000 and over not cheap ones .at work i have fired 100 old .303 rounds a day and have not seen one blow back .. and that most week ends over 16 years . only damage target and my hearing happy hunting

Because it might have been obsolete from the start for military purposes ? Why would you use a variation on bolt action when you can marry a straight pull type configuration with a big spring and a gas or recoil system and have yourself a semi or full auto ?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Hondata92

If you want a straight pull get a blaser simple as.

Personally i prefer the R93 over the R8 as i dont like the idea of a trigger/mag combo bt which ever you go for you wont be dissapointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭GixxerThou

if straight is so good how , come it never caught on with the armies of the world. leaving a side cost , this is just me i feel much safer with a turn bolt . i have never owned a straight but i have seen several near ones with straight pull . it might have been the owners fault , the rifles, were 5.000 and over not cheap ones .at work i have fired 100 old .303 rounds a day and have not seen one blow back .. and that most week ends over 16 years . only damage target and my hearing happy hunting
    Ive never had or seen a close one with a blaser, If the bolt is not locked down properly the pin will not fire, this has happened me several times when shooting targets and all you hear is a click but it wont fire.

Advertisement