Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southampton v Manchester United FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread 29/1/2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Fúcking <3 him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

CHICHARITOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I love this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Good boy Chico. Fell on his arse and still stuck it. What a cool finisher this fella is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Chico time! Lovely ball Giggs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Yessssssss, well done Hernandez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Frightening that Giggs is still United's best player at his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Chicooooooooooo

What a a poacher! He has been an incredible signing for us so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Chicharitooooo-rgasm! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

Great ball from Giggs and and nice improvisation again by Hernandez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Yeah Fergie got it all wrong....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

i stand by my earlier post,i ****ing love that kid.

Call him Little Pea, ****s on Wayne Rooney, Viva Hernandezzzzzz

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Had backed Chicarito first goal, didn't work out but he might have won me back my 30 bucks by putting us ahead through the PP special.

He's one hell of a signing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

baz2009 wrote: »
    Call him Little Pea, ****s on Wayne Rooney, Viva Hernandezzzzzz

:pac:

he deserves a song,without a doubt.

Certainly did in the 1st half. Completely underrated Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hernandez > The Human Race.

Guly do Prado looks like a badass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

He didnt underrate them, he set the team up to mirror theirs, it didnt work man for man, he changed it back to how United should always be playing, took that ****earse Gibson off the field and his adjustment worked.....so far

Get out of it. Anyone with a bit of sense could see the tactics were wrong first half. Are you trying to say that Fergie had planned all along to go one down, make some changes and go back in front is it? Chancer.

• Advertisement

Chamberlain looks a very good prospect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Again Darron Gibson is exposed as f*cking muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hernandez would score at a lesbian bar he's that good.

I can't wait for Valencia to get back fit again. His electrifying pace and crossing ability, I can't wait to see him to come back 'cos we're missing him.

A question for some people here, How many assists did Valencia get for Rooney goals last season?

Is it a coincidence Rooney's poor form has something to do with Valencia's injury?

I know Rooney's form has been poor but last season they had a telepathic relationship.

Viva Ronaldo being sung, makes me remember and miss him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

double GG wrote: »
    I can't wait for Valencia to get back fit again. His electrifying pace and crossing ability, I can't wait to see him to come back 'cos we're missing him.

A question for some people here, How many assists did Valencia get for Rooney goals last season?

Is it a coincidence Rooney's poor form has something to do with Valencia's injury?

I know Rooney's form has been poor but last season they had a telepathic relationship.

The great thing is that Hernandez is evern better in the air than Rooney, him on the end of Valencia's deliveries is a mouth watering prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The fact that he looks like a lesbian would help. :pac:

Chicarito has 31 goals in all competitions from 31 starts and 22 sub appearances.

If he keeps that up he'll be as good as Ruud, or better!

Hernandez to get a debut 20 goal season anyone?

11 down, 9 to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

kryogen wrote: »
    Viva Ronaldo being sung, makes me remember and miss him

Was just talking about that with my friend I could have swearing it was Viva Hernando

FFS, scumbags throwing stuff at Chico.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭BenK

Was just talking about that with my friend I could have swearing it was Viva Hernando

Ooh football friend :D

FFS, scumbags throwing stuff at Chico.

Chocolate bar wrappers.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

I remember before the start if the season in the United thread there was talk that we all were expecting a 15 goal debut season from Hernandez but realistically we were asking too much.... I think we didn't give the little Mexican enough credit!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Link to the Man of the Match voting for Man United vs Southampton.

As always, open to all.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

• Advertisement

double GG wrote: »
    Chocolate bar wrappers.

They looked shiny, but they flew harder than wrappers from what I saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Good stuff. Roll on Crawley Town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Nooooo!!!!

What fun would i have then?

Happy with lindegaard, always looking for the quick distribution!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

pathetic display in the 1st half and that was because of certain players and saf's stupid 4-3-3. What is with him in that formation of late, he is going to try that in Cl or somthing?

We were lucky to win that and I think a draw would of been the right result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Great for anders to get a win in his debut, he had one flappy moment but looked fine apart from that, although he didn't exactly have a whole pile to do.

Giggs and nani changed the game for us. Delighted Giggs is still doing the business but we csnt keep relying on him to get us outta trouble. Thats 2 games in a row he's had to play a big part for us.

Another away win which is where we really need to improve too, this is also a bonus, especially playing with a semi strength team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭recyclops

As soon as i seen the gibson ando midfield pairing i decided a repeat of tuesday was on the cards, so stuck a fiver on southampton half time united full time, thats saturday paid for.

Not much we can take from the game to be honest, owen just looked well past it sadly and obertan was reminisicint of Nani last year so am refusing to give him so stick due to Nani performances this year, good run out for lindegaard also and like said his quick distribution was the highlight of his performance

recyclops wrote: »
    As soon as i seen the gibson ando midfield pairing i decided a repeat of tuesday was on the cards, so stuck a fiver on southampton half time united full time, thats saturday paid for.

aftertiming is a very good way of becoming popular you know

The game was what we expected, Southampton gave it a good go, had plenty of home support as they always do and with the weakened team and poor performances from a few they gave us a good game, but when the class came onto the field there was only going to be one winner imo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I thought Southampton were a good team. If they are a representation of what league one is like I can see why promoted Championship sides are doing so well in the Premier League these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

recyclops wrote: »

Not much we can take from the game to be honest, owen just looked well past it sadly and obertan was reminisicint of Nani last year so am refusing to give him so stick due to Nani performances this year, good run out for lindegaard also and like said his quick distribution was the highlight of his performance

Are you kidding? Owen was getting in great positions, he got us the equalizer, passed well, and all this coming from a player whose only started 3 matches this season..

Ahem.....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6710056,00.html
    "Sometimes we make it difficult for ourselves but, in fairness, I maybe meddled with the system somewhat this afternoon," he told MUTV.

"We tried a diamond in the middle of the pitch and, of course, Manchester United are used to playing with width all the time and I think that was a problem for us.

"It wasn't working at all. We had some possession of the ball but we never really threatened. We had two or three shots from the edge of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Check out this ridiculous article, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1351801/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-tests-FAs-resolve-United-C-team.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The Fail not realising that Blackpool were fined by the Premier League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

miralize wrote: »
    Are you kidding? Owen was getting in great positions, he got us the equalizer, passed well, and all this coming from a player whose only started 3 matches this season..

Agree with that, for a guy with his first start in 5 months or something. He had a few loose touches, but he got the goal and could have had 2 more (ok one would have been a fluke), and played a few very nice Scholes-like passes from his deep position.

Obertan was very frustrating though, although he did assist for Owens goal. Owen even got a bit thick with him at one stage, which is very unlike him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Chico the new Inzaghi?

That's exactly what I said to my friend in the pub! Almost word for word like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Chico is the new Ole.

imo;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement