Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southampton v Manchester United FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread 29/1/2011

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Hernadez is turning out to be a very astute purchase.

I didn't know much about him before his move to Old Trafford, apart from some You Tube clips & what I saw of him in the World Cup. He looked like a good goalscorer, but you'd have to think that a young player from a South American league would find it difficult to settle in at an English club in the Premiership.

Not in the slightest.. he looks really comfortable on the pitch, has great awareness, gets into great positions & knocks in goals like he's been there for years. And he's not afraid to throw himself around either.

Delighted for the lad - he's got a great future ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Hernadez is turning out to be a very astute purchase.

I didn't know much about him before his move to Old Trafford, apart from some You Tube clips & what I saw of him in the World Cup. He looked like a good goalscorer, but you'd have to think that a young player from a South American league would find it difficult to settle in at an English club in the Premiership.

Not in the slightest.. he looks really comfortable on the pitch, has great awareness, gets into great positions & knocks in goals like he's been there for years. And he's not afraid to throw himself around either.

Delighted for the lad - he's got a great future ahead of him.

I hear what your saying in ref to buying guys from foreign continent leagues...

I think the older they are the more trouble you'll get from them, this guy seems to have no fear, no drive from money and wants to play his best for his boss,team-mates & fans....

He's a finisher, look at Rooney - the heart has been kicked out of him from his head been over-loaded with bull****e.

This is the type of player we need at OT, Fergie knows this. When ya look to the recent past you see Hughes, Cantona, Robson breaking their bo**ox for the team. That is over now - when the likes of Giggs comes on now their is a difference - thats not all down to skill.

I felt we'd seen the last of those types of players with the likes of Giggs & Scholes in the Winters of their career...

We haven't.

Chicharito has that same thing about him.

Future is bright, Future is Chico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Whaaaaaaaaat? That's ridiculous.

A few months in the Premiership and you're comparing the head on his shoulders to that of Giggs and Scholes?

The guy could smash in 40 goals next season and go completely off the rails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

just watched the match there on setanta and 1 question pops to mind.......who is the commentator who is clearly a abu and i quote "id call ferguson a genius but im not so keen on him"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

S.M.B. wrote: »

A few months in the Premiership and you're comparing the head on his shoulders to that of Giggs and Scholes?

If you knew a bit more about him and his upbringing you might think otherwise. He's a clean cut decent young lad who is a complete contrast to the spoilt young players growing up with premiership clubs. His future is very promising and his attitude is fantastic, that's clear and there's no harm in saying it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

An incident free match thread. :(

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

just watched the match there on setanta and 1 question pops to mind.......who is the commentator who is clearly a abu and i quote "id call ferguson a genius but im not so keen on him"

No idea, but at least it wasn't Lou Macari!!! Terrible pundit and so biased towards United, he should just work for MUTV!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

S.M.B. wrote: »

Totally agree. People are losing the run or themselves with Hernandes altogether.

In terms of quality he's an absolute gem. And his attitude seems to be good too, but it's way too early to be assuming that he's going to always be as committed to this club as he is now.

He may have his head turned by a big Spanish club, or a club offering higher wages, or anything like that. He's a teenager in his debut season at a big club and people are presuming that his attitude is never going to change. Ridiculous is exactly the word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pro. F wrote: »
    Totally agree. People are losing the run or themselves with Hernandes altogether.

In terms of quality he's an absolute gem. And his attitude seems to be good too, but it's way too early to be assuming that he's going to always be as committed to this club as he is now.

He may have his head turned by a big Spanish club, or a club offering higher wages, or anything like that. He's a teenager in his debut season at a big club and people are presuming that his attitude is never going to change. Ridiculous is exactly the word.

He is 22 and has played in the WC already.

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    He is 22 and has played in the WC already.

Do'h first post of the morning brain fart.

It's still his debut season at a big club. International football is nothing like the day to day career decisions faced at club level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Pro. F wrote: »

I said he has a great future ahead of him, which I firmly believe will be true.

However, I never said that his future lay in Old Trafford - I would like to think that it is, but I've seen far too many players come & go to put my money on that.

I said he has a great future ahead of him, which I firmly believe will be true.

However, I never said that his future lay in Old Trafford - I would like to think that it is, but I've seen far too many players come & go to put my money on that.

Cool. The post wasn't aimed at you dude. It was aimed at Manc-Red and whoever else is talking like his commitment to the club is always going to be the same.

Advertisement