Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy freezey recipes

Options
  • 29-01-2011 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey everybody,

I'm looking for bit of help. I really enjoy cooking my dinner from scratch but I don't have time to do it during the week. I want to make a few different batches of food that can be frozen and then taken out whenever I feel like it.

I've frozen soup and mince beef based dishes; spaghetti bolognese (well, the bolognese part!), chilli, lasagna.

Does anybody have any recipes that freeze well? Would curry freeze ok?

Thanks for any help,

Jess

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Havn't frozen curry myself but reckon it would be ok to and cook your rice fresh on the night.

What i often do at weekends is get batches of veg chopped & prepared in freezer bags so i can through them in the oven with olive oil/garlic etc in the evenings and some fish for a quick & tasty dinner.

I also find a stir fry during the week is great cause its tasty & quick and almost one pot.

Would also like to hear other ideas of what people are doing during the week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Curry freezes fine.

There's a HUGE number of threads on this subject already. Perhaps you could do a search for them.

Advertisement