Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk?

Options
  • 29-01-2011 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the cheapest full-fat milk out there? I drink a lot (at least 2 litres a day) so would like to find the best deal out there.

The cheapest I have found is Tesco - €1.49 for 2 litres. Anyone know where I could find it cheaper?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Posters have said Iceland have it at 99c.
    Lidl have Xtra milk 1l for 69c next week.

If you search this forum, you'll see this has come up before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Spar out my way (Mulhuddart) do 2l for €1.19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dunnes have 2l for 1.19

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Recently opened Costcutter in Dundalk advertising 2lt. for €1.00 but dont know if all Costcutters are doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

You drink 2L of full fat milk PER DAY :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Yep, Iceland is the cheapest at 0.99c for two liters.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

fruit & veg shop in the mill s/c Clondalkin 1.19. for 2 litres

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

JOSman wrote: »
    Yep, Iceland is the cheapest at 0.99c for two liters.
    Thanks for all the replies lads, sounds like Iceland is the place to go. Never actually been to any Iceland over here so I'll head over to the one in Ballyfermot tomorrow and get a weeks worth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

The Veg shop next to Tesco Ballybrack has 2L of Milk for 99c.

Also one of the shops on Moore Street (connected to the Illac Centre) in Dublin City Centre has 2 Litres for 99c.

And the garage on the quays between Wood Quays and the Guinness Brewery also has the same offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Hogzy wrote: »

My house easily would go though 3 Litres and there is only 2 adults and a toddler. One adult out between 8am and 6pm 5 days a week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Theres a lot of research that shows milk might not be very good for you after all. In fact a lot of studies claim it's very bad for you and can cause heart disease and cancer amongst other things.

Not trying to lecture btw:) I know you get all kinds of differing opinions on whats good and bad for you depending on which nutritionist you ask and it's hardly and exact science, but if I were drinking 2 litres of the stuff a day I'd at least check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

2 liters of Full fat milk?

At least switch to low fat milk man :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

does the Tesco 3L work out cheaper?? Dude all that milk will really affect iron absorption......but what the hell do I know anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The 2 litres a day is only part of a temporary high-calorie diet for the next few weeks, not a regular thing.

Appreciate the concern all the same :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 zoostorm

Get a grip guys, milk is only 3.6% fat, look thru your own diets and you'll find other stuff with much higher fat content. The body needs fat, and if it only got 3.6% fat in the total diet it'd be lacking, fat is only dangerous if you have way too much, or exercise way to little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

zoostorm wrote: »
    Get a grip guys, milk is only 3.6% fat, look thru your own diets and you'll find other stuff with much higher fat content. The body needs fat, and if it only got 3.6% fat in the total diet it'd be lacking, fat is only dangerous if you have way too much, or exercise way to little.

2 litres of full fat milk = 40g of saturated fat = double the RDA

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hogzy wrote: »
    You will see some lads in the fitness forum drinking 4L a day, full fat.
    But the guys who came up with that RDA might be have been on the anti-satfat bandwagon.

An active thread on the subject.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056250463

The grocers in tesco ballybrack was mentioned,

I am presuming it is still the same brand
    rubadub wrote: »
    Dairy land cuisine milk, 3L (2L +50% extra free) for 1.49, green grocer is next to the chinese takeaway.

Has the national dairy council mark, farmed in the republic. http://www.dairyland.ie/
    Which I find nicer than tesco brand milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

I assume op is doing gomad( gallon of milk a day) or something similar. Its pretty common when trying to bulk up and really has no effect its its only done for a two or so month period.

If you're training hard during the period the fats are necessary anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 zoostorm

Olive oil, butter, lard, meat, dairy spreads, chocolate, cooking oil, etc all contain much higher levels of sat fats, yet n one seems to attack them, like i said, look thru the rest of your diets, and look at it in context, very few people consume 2lt of milk per day. Less than 1% ofthe population I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Sorry to bump an old thread, no point starting a new one for the same subject though I realise some prices mentioned here may have changed.

Just wondering are Iceland still selling 2L for 0.99c? Sounds good to me, to think that i've been spending 1.49 for 2L in Tesco for the last 2 years. I go through about 4L low-fat a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

95p iceland ilac centre, dident see any low fat at that price.

Advertisement