Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Surviving with no money ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

Wow, thanks for the responses to my post on page 2. I'm embarrassed now as I just sort of laid all that out there earlier today without realising I'd get feedback. I appreciate the kind words.

Yeah, things feel pretty much rock bottom right now. But I'm determined to turn things around. My business went to the wall at the same time as my husband was laid off so it's been hellish but I'm starting to earn some money again. Not much yet but it's something. We have big personal loans (stupid I know but I never predicted *this*). I have 3 kids I'm responsible for and even though we're short of money every day and have crippling bills and debts there's no way I'm denying them a chance to go to college or have this situation negatively impact their future. It seems impossible now but I have a few years before my eldest leaves home and in that time I'll do what I have to to get a pay our debts and bills and see that the children have a good life and get a chance to study for their future.

We've all been disrespected, abused, trampled on and betrayed by our government. We should never forget that. People are going without food and heat to ensure that the banks are bailed out. That's the bottom line. But instead of letting it suffocate us, as I had been doing up to now if I'm honest (depressed, had no hope at all etc) we should use that anger to motivate us to push full force through these horrible times and come out fighting and turn our lives around. We only get one shot at this. I've been lying down now for too long crying about the sucky deal I've had lately but it's time to get back up and start living again. As long as we remain victims, we remain weak and that weakness enables corruption and power-mongering in Dail Eireann to continue. F**k Fianna Fail, f**k the banks, f**k ministerial pensions - they're not worth the bandwidth it took to even type this sentence - forget them now and let's put ourselves and our families first.

Thanks again everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

My fridge is full of things that I need to throw out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭postgrad23

I've never gone 4 days without spending a penny. I don't think it's normal. When I was a student I lived on far less than my friends on the dole (about €40 after rent and bills) and still had enough for a coffee out almost every day, the odd chocolate bar, dinner ingredients.

I think it's awful how little support single parents get. Even married parents in good jobs are finding it difficult at the moment. I think I could handle going a little bit hungry myself, but I'd find it very difficult to tell a child they can't have anything else to eat, or any sweets. It's sad that my children won't have the same standard of living I had growing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Well if you have no responsibilities like kids and own your own plot of land than it is possible to live without spending a red cent like this guy, what a crusty guy
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/nov/09/mark-boyle-money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

A full fridge and a fotball called "Wilson" is all anyone needs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Watch a few episodes of Bear Grylls and you'd know about "survival"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Stinicker wrote: »
    By drinking your own piss?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Stinicker wrote: »

Eh yeah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

if bear could 0:56 it would prove his survival skills outright

-son of Sir Micheal Gryllis.. and Lady Gryllis.. if i'm not mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

I heard Bear Grylls drinks pee even when he's at Tesco.

Just for practice.

Advertisement