Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winner of NY Lottery from Tullamore

• 29-01-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Just saw the returned emigrant with her winning NY lottery cheque. She was celebrating with her family in Tullamore......

Good idea to go public? I wouldn't..........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

probably difficult not to. Best of luck to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Incoming loan requests imminent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Long lost relatives emerging from the woodwork shortly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

hondasam wrote: »
    probably difficult not to. Best of luck to her.

Not really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

suitseir wrote: »
    Not really!
    Would of course. Even without the media, people you know would find it hard to keep it secret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

THEJOURNAL.IE
    Neighbours said the surprise windfall was unlikely to change her family’s lifestyle

:rolleyes: She's working for $1 dollar tips in a bar - how in the name of God do they think this WON'T change her lifestyle?

Dudess wrote: »
    Would of course. Even without the media, people you know would find it hard to keep it secret.

Not really! It has been done....

Not really!

It is impossible to keep such a large win private. The media will camp outside until the find you.

Not really! It has been done....

How do you know this if it was not made public ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

It is impossible to keep such a large win private. The media will camp outside until the find you.

She won in the US, and for lotteries there, it wasn't that big of a win. There are multi-state lotteries where the payout is something like $200 million. And many of those people choose to remain anonymous - a lawyer confirms that they won, but they don't get on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Having amassed a huge drinks bill in tullamore, I hope shes refused entry into america

How do you know this if it was not made public ?

What about the winner of the €16m the ticket for which was bout last Autumn? in the National Lottery. He did not go public!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

She really gets $8m after taxes. There are heavy taxes in the US on lottery wins. Thats works out at €5.8m :)

She won in the US, and for lotteries there, it wasn't that big of a win. There are multi-state lotteries where the payout is something like $200 million. And many of those people choose to remain anonymous - a lawyer confirms that they won, but they don't get on tv.

I suppose €5.7m is not such a big win. she could have remained anonymous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

American lotteries suck she only gets $8 million out of the $21 million after she payed taxes and took the payment in a lump sum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Congratulations to her. hope she enjoys it. :)

What about the winner of the €16m the ticket for which was bout last Autumn? in the National Lottery. He did not go public!

TBH never heard about that win. where was it bought?

was it you ?;)

TBH never heard about that win. where was it bought?

was it you ?;)

Ha! Definitely NO! Sure it was the talk of Dublin.....they were saying that it was someone working in RTE as the shop was nearby! Loads of speculation! Some guy won it but choose to remain out of the limelight!!!!

Ha! Definitely NO! Sure it was the talk of Dublin.....they were saying that it was someone working in RTE as the shop was nearby! Loads of speculation! Some guy won it but choose to remain out of the limelight!!!!

oh ya I might have seen something about that all right. If I won I would want to remain anonymous but it would be impossible. If you have a big family someone is going to tell. I'm sure I will never have to worry about it.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I just read about that in the paper, after seeing it on the news earlier. I'm still baffled as to why it's being reported at all?

People win that much every second week on our own lottery and nobody makes a fuss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Rumour is that she is a cousin of Biffo (He from Clara near Tullamore) and he was going out on the sauce with her this weekend in order to see how much he could squeeze out of her for the FF election campaign before deciding whether to pack it in.... honest:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Best of luck to her.:cool:

oh ya I might have seen something about that all right. If I won I would want to remain anonymous but it would be impossible. If you have a big family someone is going to tell. I'm sure I will never have to worry about it.:)

Well, never say never! Although, I know someone where I live who won money on Winning Streak. A few months before that, he won the local GAA lotto and some years back while working in America, he won some local lottery there as well! So, I'm guessing, money follows money and luck follows luck!

Advertisement