Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HomeFront

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

just a heads up Gamestop are giving a 25% bonus credit on trade ins against new releases .Homefront included , if this was mentioned before sorry .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Helix wrote: »
    its decent enough

not as much focus on the vehicles as i expected, but that may be because journos are all unimaginative and stupid, so we dont bother with that kinda thing. though that said, when i DID give them a go i wasnt particularly impressed

as a regular shooter though, theres enough variety there and the maps are big enough for this to definitely become a very popular midway between cod and mag

Thanks this is what I was hoping it would be

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

almanu wrote: »
    just a heads up Gamestop are giving a 25% bonus credit on trade ins against new releases .Homefront included , if this was mentioned before sorry .

Nice one, Got a few games I wanna get rid of.

Looking forward to getting to grips with HF, bord to fcuk with the games on the xbox/ps3 at the mo.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    With that short a campaign I dont think I will bother. Thanks for the heads up

its all about mp with games like these Lightning , maybe if you rent it first give the sp ago and see how it pans out, i wouldnt write it off just yet though:)

dont know if it was mentioned yet . but is there a demo?

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Well I played frontlines and while it had a few nice ideas nobody was playing it and it had a couple of game breaking faults.
    never played it tbh , im just really hoping that this game is as good as the hype,kinda bored with cod atm.
    what does worry me is the fact people are quoting mag , a game that did nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Nantastic

Pretty much the same as everyone else. Bored with COD. Ordered Homefront for 360 online. If anyone else gets it and wants to team up 360 GT is Wonko Almighty

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jmacm

The ign review is out:

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1155414p1.html

7/10 overall. Not great, but I reckon I'll still get it for the multiplayer!

jmacm wrote: »
    The ign review is out:

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1155414p1.html

7/10 overall. Not great, but I reckon I'll still get it for the multiplayer!

a lot of the comments go against the review.

i fully agree with this one
    All the COD have a singleplayer of 5-6 hours and they get 90 and more. Homefront isn't maybe as revolutionary as the early COD but it's gameplay is solid and his multiplayer is good. Why only a seven?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jmacm

Here's another review from eurogamer that might interest people:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-15-homefront-review

Most reviews are going to focus on the campaign but I can't help thinking 'so what'. The multiplayer seems promising and at the end of the day that's what brings the value for me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Nantastic

Jmacm, MP is all I'm getting it for tbh, so totally agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 simplemandan

The guys at JoyStiq were genuinely impressed with the multiplayer of Homefront, not so much about the single player.

It's like a deja vu of last years launch with BF:BC2, average single player with positive multiplayer reviews. About a month after launch, everyone then realised that BF:BC2 was probably to best multiplayer FPS ever released on a console, once they came to grips with the squad aspect of the game! Those that couldn't, stuck with the CoD franchise.

what? bfbc2 the best multiplayer fps ever released on a console? and when you say everyone realised it was the best i presume you mean you and a few of your little friends? come on buddy, it was average at best. squad aspect? you mean huge maps with most of the players hiding and sniping? sorry but there are much better fps out there, homefront being one of them.

what? bfbc2 the best multiplayer fps ever released on a console? and when you say everyone realised it was the best i presume you mean you and a few of your little friends? come on buddy, it was average at best. squad aspect? you mean huge maps with most of the players hiding and sniping? sorry but there are much better fps out there, homefront being one of them.

what bc2 was the best fps on the xbox.

the squad aspect works great when you have four people you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Completed the singleplayer, didn't like it though. The multiplayer seems fun so I'll be giving that a bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Is everyone getting messed up stats, joined a game there for 1 min and died once and I had three deaths on the scoreboard, looks like another untested game............... Muck:(

Smithzer wrote: »
    Is everyone getting messed up stats, joined a game there for 1 min and died once and I had three deaths on the scoreboard, looks like another untested game............... Muck:(

they are have server problems at the moment everything should be sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Servers are muck, takes ages to get a game (and sometimes you have to re-start your xbox to get in) but once you get in, its great.
    I'm normally a TDM guy, but not in this, it needs the objectives of Ground Control to give it focus, but so far its very enjoyable when you get in, and seems quite balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Right thats it, this game is horrendously bad, Rubbish,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Such a shame, ive been looking forward to playing it, might be worth a rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

moron

• Advertisement

gizabeer wrote: »
    moron

you a silly billy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

moron

I've come to realise over time that you're best off just ignoring people who post ridiculous comments, especially when they are newly registered (ahem, newly re-registered after getting a permaban late last year ;)).

Also, directly insulting someone, although insanely satisfying can also lead to the mods looking negatively on your post, regardless of how true it is :D

I recommend the "ignore" button... and perhaps making a small voodoo doll/pin cushion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Any views on this game now couple of days after release?

moron

moron? how dare you. what gives you the right to abuse me? this is a public forum yes? i just stated that bfbc2 was an average mp game. why would you personally attack me for that? obviously you are an 8 year old kid who probably isnt even allowed play the game

I've come to realise over time that you're best off just ignoring people who post ridiculous comments, especially when they are newly registered (ahem, newly re-registered after getting a permaban late last year ;)).

Also, directly insulting someone, although insanely satisfying can also lead to the mods looking negatively on your post, regardless of how true it is :D

I recommend the "ignore" button... and perhaps making a small voodoo doll/pin cushion ;)

hi,
    few things to clear up here.
    1. what ridiculous comments did i post?
    2.yes i am newly registered, but i have been following different discussions on boards for a while now such as the xbox, music, rec and sports forums
    3. i am not newly re registered, while some people may have time to do childish things like this i am a mature student with a job
    4. i dont remember insulting anyone, however if i indirectly did offend anybody (some people must be very sensitive) i am sorry
    5. "Also, directly insulting someone, although insanely satisfying can also lead to the mods looking negatively on your post, regardless of how true it is"
    the mods? i presume you mean the moderators in these forums? well if it is the attidtude of people to look negatively on other peoples opinions even if they are true then i wonder who the "morons" are? grow up guys, its a disussion on games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

grow up guys, its a disussion on games

It is a discussion on games, correct. Dont let your self get riled up by other peoples comments, just like they are by yours.

I think you need to "grow up" too.

Back on topic..... The game is a huge disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

thorbarry wrote: »
    It is a discussion on games, correct. Dont let your self get riled up by other peoples comments, just like they are by yours.

I think you need to "grow up" too.

Back on topic..... The game is a huge disappointment

I've only played about 4-5 hours of the multiplayer. I quite like it. Sure it's not perfect and not polished to the same extent as CoD or BFBC2 but the flow of the game is quite good.

For me, it's a welcome change to BlOps (which I pretty much gave up on before Christmas but that's a story for another thread) and BFBC2 which I still hold in very high esteem.

As soon as they get the servers sorted out, then we can really see what the multiplayer is like. So far, I've found the m4 with the acog scope to be a lethal combination and have really enjoyed using it.

Haven't really played with the gadgets yet, I tend to focus on mastering the weapons and maps first and then, once comfortable, I branch out on what else can be done. Although, I'm lovin' the RPG... except against those tricky helicopters.

Haven't really played with the gadgets yet, I tend to focus on mastering the weapons and maps first and then, once comfortable, I branch out on what else can be done. Although, I'm lovin' the RPG... except against those tricky helicopters.

the best way i have found to take out a helicopter is with a helicopter as you can lock on to them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok the campaign is ****e i wont play it i swore but is mp all that bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

ok the campaign is ****e i wont play it i swore but is mp all that bad?

MP is great when it works. Doesn't really like parties though, and lobby system is crap. It's still worth it imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement