Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HomeFront

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

got 32 kills last night with the downloadable shotgun you get free with the game from gamestop , like enemies were a good 50ft away and bang headshot , really good gun , also can anyone tell me how to fly the chopper drone thing , cant seem to get it to go up in the air so im going round about shoulder height and getting picked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

almanu wrote: »
    got 32 kills last night with the downloadable shotgun you get free with the game from gamestop , like enemies were a good 50ft away and bang headshot , really good gun , also can anyone tell me how to fly the chopper drone thing , cant seem to get it to go up in the air so im going round about shoulder height and getting picked off.

Just use the RB to fly up and LB to lower it. The drone is so handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I was stuck trying to figure out how to fly it for ages too. It showed up on the screen as "Press to go up", but the 2nd or 3rd one I called in had "Press RB to go up".
    Does anyone else find it impossible to see anyone with the helicopter? Maybe I'm sitting too far from TV....

Moiph wrote: »
    Just use the RB to fly up and LB to lower it. The drone is so handy.

thank you kind sir:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

About the shotgun. I am thinking of holding off buying game until after my exams and such, so I am wondering what will be the deal with the shotty down the line. It was a preorder bonus and the devs have described it as a 30 day exclusive. Does this mean that you will lose your shotgun after 30 days, or it will be available to everyone to unlock after the 30 days?

• Advertisement

CORaven wrote: »
    About the shotgun. I am thinking of holding off buying game until after my exams and such, so I am wondering what will be the deal with the shotty down the line. It was a preorder bonus and the devs have described it as a 30 day exclusive. Does this mean that you will lose your shotgun after 30 days, or it will be available to everyone to unlock after the 30 days?

If you buy new in a while it should still have it (its on a slip of paper inside the box). I didn't pre-order and got it.

cant seem to get online with party :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭DUB777

Was playing it in a friends last night. Its savage, beats the knickers off, and MW2 & Black-ops & Battlefield. The multi player is mental you can have 2 teams of 16, absolute carnage :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

I rented this the day it came out as I wasn't sure if I would like it, The first two days where great and enjoying the game play maps.

Now Sunday evening and yesterday the game became very laggy and it was showing me and the rest of the players with only one bar on the connection. You would shoot at a player running by you and wouldn't get any hit markers or the frame rate would drop so bad that it became nearly impossible to aim over short distances, then get kicked with the message servers are not available. I have two days left on the rental day one I was convinced I would buy this but if things don't pick up I would advise giving it a miss which is a shame as it looked like a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Guys do the ****ty graphics and design not bug you ??, it reminds me of games from 5-6 years ago.
    5 guys I play with traded it already, I just think for €50 its a rip off. I do think there are some good ideas in the MP but for that dough I'd expect a lot more. Its more a 1200 MS Arcade Release IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Nantastic

Wow. Buying a game Fail for me. Shocking bad. So slow and impossible to get a lobby without game timing out. Disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Smithzer wrote: »
    it reminds me of games from 5-6 years ago

you go tell that to gordon freeman

when i got the game on release it was grand , no problem with MP , now i have not been able to get online the last 2 days wtf , are the patching this or what is the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jmacm

when i got the game on release it was grand , no problem with MP , now i have not been able to get online the last 2 days wtf , are the patching this or what is the story?

I had a (very quick) game of the MP last night and I didn't have any problems getting online - that was about 9.45pm

Though I was having a look at the online stats website after 10pm and that bombed out with a database error (do the online stats even work at all??).

Pretty poor stuff....

jmacm wrote: »
    I had a (very quick) game of the MP last night and I didn't have any problems getting online - that was about 9.45pm

Though I was having a look at the online stats website after 10pm and that bombed out with a database error (do the online stats even work at all??).

Pretty poor stuff....

Had no problem getting a game myself either last night, though still a red bar connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'm Loving it on the PC but Saw the Vid comparison and think I'll avoid the xbox version this time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu96yt1XYbg

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Nantastic

Gettin rid of it. Shocking how bad it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I'm Loving it on the PC but Saw the Vid comparison and think I'll avoid the xbox version this time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu96yt1XYbg

Agreed, really enjoying the PC version, whats going on with the record function? Does it work?

Have to say, I was quite surprised at the 360 version, was planning on getting the 360 version of this to have more people that I know to play with, but will be staying away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Robi Wan

It's such a shame because there are moments when it's Battlefield brilliant. Maybe this illusive "patch" will solve everything.
    But for the record,
    I don't think Kaos Studios understand the meaning of the words "Dedicated" and "Servers"

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

its a really poor game. i cant believe developers who would even think of releasing a game that can be completed in about 2 hours and then charge 50euro for it. in fairness i didnt really play the multiplayer for long but still cant see it being woth 50euro. good news is gamestop will give 45.00 trade in for this game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Robi Wan

Screw it, just went out and bought Crysis 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

All discussion pertaining to individual games should be held on the appropriate thread in the Games forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭DUB777

Robi Wan wrote: »
    Screw it, just went out and bought Crysis 2

Let me know what crysis is like. I just read your comment having bought homefront earlier:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

DUB777 wrote: »
    Let me know what crysis is like. I just read your comment having bought homefront earlier:eek:

Its stunningly better the Homefront in that its pretty good :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Anyone of yee selling Homefront on?

Might be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭SYDEWYNDER

I feel like Jesus resurrecting Lazarus with this thread! So anyone still playing this? At all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

SYDEWYNDER wrote: »
    I feel like Jesus resurrecting Lazarus with this thread! So anyone still playing this? At all?

I gave it to my cousin last week. So count him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Picked this up for a tenner in the sales , figured its worth a shot at that price . Not got around to playing it yet , is the single player any good ?

derm0j073 wrote: »
    Picked this up for a tenner in the sales , figured its worth a shot at that price . Not got around to playing it yet , is the single player any good ?

It's not bad, nothing special but for a tenner I suppose you can't go far wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Zombie thread. Sleeeeep

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement