Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lay of, proposal needed to keep job

Options
  • 29-01-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

One of the guys in my office was called in on friday and told that there will be two people from the sales team let go next friday. There were five in total brought in ad told this.

He was asked to put together a proposal for the MD and Sls mngr and present it to them on MOnday outlining why they should keep him on. He has no idea what to put in this proposal. I know he is somewhat angry about this as there are others in the office costing the company money and he is even bringing in more sales that a few of the directors yet these peoples positions are not under threat.

So has anyone any idea what to put in this proposal?

Also we have noticed that while they said that these lay offs are financialy motivated they are advertising the positions online...........lousy eh!!

Ay and all help apreciated.....

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

frag420 wrote: »
    Also we have noticed that while they said that these lay offs are financialy motivated they are advertising the positions online...........lousy eh!!

A person isn't made redundant - a role is. If they're getting rid of people and re hiring straight away as far as I know they could be acting in contradiction to employment law but I'll stand to be corrected on that.

Re the proposal, if his sales figures are as good as you say they are and I have no reason to doubt you, I'd be highlighting that. Keep it positive. Don't be negative towards others but at the same time I'd be letting management know of the awareness that the roles are being advertised online.

I just remembered from previous redundancies at the company I work for, there have to be valid reasons and criteria for people being let go if there are (as in this situation) 2 roles at risk of redundancy and 5 people possibly impacted. They can't just let someone go on the basis of highest salary etc. They could use first in last out, or geographical requirements etc.

Advertisement