Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice on surround sound systems

• 29-01-2011 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

i'm looking to buy a new surround sound system but as i watch my dvds on my ps3 i dont really need another blu ray player and all the deals in shops seem to include this. i'm looking to spend around 500 euros can anyone suggest or advise me how i get best deal for my money. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

kaner10 wrote: »
    i'm looking to buy a new surround sound system but as i watch my dvds on my ps3 i dont really need another blu ray player and all the deals in shops seem to include this. i'm looking to spend around 500 euros can anyone suggest or advise me how i get best deal for my money. Thanks:)

OK, so you basically need a receiver and speakers. Do you want a subwoofer? I'm guessing 5.1 is enough, unless your room is huuuge.

Would you buy online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I'd suggest asking in the biz>talk to>richersounds.ie forum on boards.
    Tell them your budget and what you have and what you think you want and they'll recommend a few options. Then you can look online for reviews or ask back here whether x is better than y.

I got the Onkyo HTS3305 system from Richer Sounds for my PS3 gaming and movies and couldn't be happier with it. Should be well under your budget too, leaving plenty of change for new games and blurays!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts3305/onky-hts3305-blk

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭eoinsie74

Hi

Sorry to butt in, but I recently bought a 47 inch philips lcd tv which i havent had a problem with, I also bought a blu ray samsung ht-c5530 home cinema system which i connected to the tv yesterday. When i placed a blu ray movie into the home cinema system i noticed that when watching the film, the lip sync was slightly out. I watched closely to see that the video appeared to be slightly faster than the audio (although slightly). It was like watching a badly dubbed film.
    I went into the settings on the home cinema system to see that there was a setting in the "Audio" called "Av sync" which allowed me to delay the audio from 0 milliseconds right upto 300 milliseconds. I tried every delay possible between 0 and 300, but it only made the sync worse. I then relaised that its the video I need to delay. I tried all the settings on my tv also to no avail.
    I rang samsung and they told me its Philips i should get onto. I got onto Philips and they asked me if my sky box was ok to watch on my tv, which it is. Philips concluded that theres nothing wrong with my tv so and i need to get back onto samsung. I tried for hours to resolve the issue and could come up with anything. Can anyone help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Sorry for piggy-backing your thread but really need some advice!
    I have got a 2nd hand Sony DAV-S550 5.1 home cinema, works great for DVD's but like others, really want to get the PS3 working through it. Have tried an optical cable from the PS3, changing the audio source but no luck!

Any help guys??

Advertisement