Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slurry

Options
  • 29-01-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

hi every1 can any 1 tell me how much people charge for getting slurry done, how much per tank 2600 tanker an how much per hour,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Agri contractor

Don't know what charges are for 2600. we charge 55+vat for a 3000gal

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Seems fair steep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

€125 including vat per bay in the slatted shed, the tank is full and 8ft deep
    This also includes agitating
    The Slurry is spread in the adjacent fields to the shed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TurtleFace

pajero12 wrote: »
    Seems fair steep!
    That it does, my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

Don't know what charges are for 2600. we charge 55+vat for a 3000gal

that is very steep,

so much so, i did a few figures

60k tank of slurry 2 load an hour 3000gl tanker @ $55+ hr
    10 hrs at €55 = €550+ vat

60k tank of slurry 2 load an hour, 2* 2600gl tanker @€;35 ea = $70+ hr
    5.77 hrs at €70 = $404+ vat

all things being equal, that is some saving
    you would be amazed at what some people do to get to sleep

edit: just paid slurry contractor last week € 35+ vat/hr for 2600 gl tanker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

I just added up all the money I was saving yesterday while spreading slurry. €30 per 1000 gallons and €35/hr, 6 hrs and 15 loads = €1,290 or €215/hr. Not bad for a Saturday:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 rocketjk

€45 per hour if travelling, €30 per 2600 load if nearby. €25-30 per hour for agitating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 84

does da 30 a load include agitating???

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭iano93

dar31 wrote: »
    that is very steep,

so much so, i did a few figures

60k tank of slurry 2 load an hour 3000gl tanker @ $55+ hr
    10 hrs at €55 = €550+ vat

60k tank of slurry 2 load an hour, 2* 2600gl tanker @€;35 ea = $70+ hr
    5.77 hrs at €70 = $404+ vat

all things being equal, that is some saving
    you would be amazed at what some people do to get to sleep

edit: just paid slurry contractor last week € 35+ vat/hr for 2600 gl tanker
    Is it me or would u not be gettin more than 2 loads of slurry out in an hour?:confused: Maybe not!!?
    How does it take nearly 5 hours more to spread the slurry with a 3000g tank ? U said it takes 10 hours to spread with a 3000g tank ans 5.77 to spread with a 2600g?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

iano93 wrote: »
    Is it me or would u not be gettin more than 2 loads of slurry out in an hour?:confused: Maybe not!!?
    How does it take nearly 5 hours more to spread the slurry with a 3000g tank ? U said it takes 10 hours to spread with a 3000g tank ans 5.77 to spread with a 2600g?

for the purpose of the sums i took 2 load an hour, all depends on the lay of the land, do the sums and change the varaibles it still works out the same, more or less

5.77hrs to spread with 2 * 2600gls tankers
    it works out cheaper to get you 60000 gls of slurry spread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

How many bays would a lad want to have to make it viable to spread his own slurry? We've always just used a contractor.

Do most lads on here with a tanker agitiate their own? A good few neighbours around here have started doing their own, but i alway thought you needed a big tractor to agitate, no?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

If you look at the figures he Made a mistake with the hours not the total cost. It should be 5 hours at 110 an hour. It doesn't matter how many loads a hour you get the calculation should still work out the same, ok maybe not the same amount but that one is cheaper.

Dar31 got there before me! We agitate our own and that's with a ford 6600, so no massive power there!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

when land is close to the sheds dose it not make more sense to pipe it out, i pumped out 80k gallons last week in 3hours @€;120/hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭stanflt

funny man wrote: »
    when land is close to the sheds dose it not make more sense to pipe it out, i pumped out 80k gallons last week in 3hours @€;120/hour.

must of been water;) 3 hours. and set up and take down, you got a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

stanflt wrote: »
    must of been water;) 3 hours. and set up and take down, you got a bargain

10k of pig to make it light, 3hours pumping, no charge for roll out or roll up, mixed it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭iano93

rocketjk wrote: »
    €45 per hour if travelling, €30 per 2600 load if nearby. €25-30 per hour for agitating.
    that 30 per 2600g tank does not include the agitating yes?;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 rocketjk

that 30 per 2600g tank does not include the agitating yes?;)

No agitating is separate due to the time difference i.e. watery vs solid slurry and the contractor may have to wait around while water is being drawn in to thin it out..

Advertisement