Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF?? "The John Player Family"....

• 29-01-2011 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

Anyone else find a 2 sided card in their Johnny Blue pack introducing "The John Player Family".
    Totally pathetic. Like a sort of Mammy Bear, Daddy Bear and Baby Bear thing for smokers- with pics of all the "family"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

Yeah I got one of them the other day, what is the point of it? Although didn't silk cut do the same a couple of years back when they brought out the slim 100s?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Like a sort of Mammy Bear, Daddy Bear and Baby Bear thing for smokers-

BigBrownbear you sure like your bear's.. Do you see bear's in your sleep by any chance :D

I noticed the flyer also over the last week or so..and agree pointless excerice only more waste for the ashtray...little bit thicker and you could maybe use it for the end of a joint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Ciggy cards are an age old tradition marketing ploy of the manufacturers. Some of the older card collections became quiet valuable. They used be a lot more interesting though.
    Collection :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Are there many Players brands now ?

The only ones I know of are Blue, Superkings(?) and the only ones I'd smoke - the good old 'Players' unfiltered

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Are there many Players brands now ?

The only ones I know of are Blue, Superkings(?) and the only ones I'd smoke - the good old 'Players' unfiltered

JP Red and JP Black too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭miltonkrest

"they used to be a lot more interesting" - Risque Vintage Erotica

you're right !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Just wondering if I misinterperted the OP. I assumed that the topic is about collections.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭miltonkrest

OldGoat wrote: »
    Just wondering if I misinterperted the OP. I assumed that the topic is about collections.

dunno - i just clicked on your link and saw some scantily clad ladies - i thought that was interesting !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Des wrote: »
    JP Red

Totally OT.

But they are horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I know Black disappeared in Ireland around 99/00,used to smoke them myself for a while. Red went around the same time. Both went due to poor sales(JP Blue were wiping the floor with them) but Black and Red i've definitely seen in the UK recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

Anyone like those JP lights?
    I asked for 20 johnny blue in supervalu and the eejit gave me lights. Because John Player always has weird packaging (blue moon box, summer blue box, xmas box) I just assumed the box was a lighter colour for some silly packaging purpose.
    The lights themselves were rotten. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

John player red and red 100's are still available i sell plent each week and there cheaper tha blue too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

John player red and red 100's are still available i sell plent each week and there cheaper tha blue too!

+1, €7.75 for 20, I smoked them for the last 18 months or so before I went on the rollies, not every shop stocks them though. Funny thing though, I used to be quite particular when I smoked the blue,I could taste the difference in Spanish brands etc, but since changing to red,it's like my taste buds had been frazzled, couldn't tell the difference between any cig,even Malborough, they all tasted the same. Not saying the red are inferior or anything,I probably just smoked too much of them.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Shop I work in has JP Blue, Light Blue, Silver, and Red. Pretty sure there's few green floating around, could well be some black too, I'll check the till at the weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Haven't had Johnny Black for a while,i'd pop over to any shop that had them as i normally only get them when i'm in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Michealloch

JPS Red are American Blend, that's why they taste funny, more like Marlboro Red

JPS Black are back in Ireland only recently. Only €8 a pack, great value, and they are Virginia blend.
    They are the original JPS Lotus Formula 1 pack from the 1970s. Looks cool.

Advertisement