Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High Expectations and Women: Should Women Lower Their Standards When It Comes To Men?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

ArtSmart wrote: »
    lethal

too true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Sure, I can work my ass off at trying to look good beyond what my parents have given me, work my tits off at getting a decent education and a job, try to be a as decent and as sound a person as I possible so I can to settle for someone who doesn't give a **** about anything and sits on their fat hole all day doing dick all but moan on an internet forum that they can't score the type of chicks they see on the telly.

I will lower my expectations and marry them of course, then ask...what the hell am I doing here, I think I deserve better than this, not sticking around with this oaf for the rest of my life. Then **** off and leave them when I come to my senses.

It is a lot less hassle in the long to be realistic about what you expect to find in a partner, rather than be nice and 'settle' for just anyone who say's hello.

So no...never settle for mediocricy. It saves a lot of heartache in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I've noticed a lot recently that girls are asking what job do i have and what car do i drive. I never used to get that in a first conversation. In the US i did but not over here.

See, this is a blessing in disguise. Helps you filter out all the gobshites automatically. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

After a certain age women don't give a **** what a man looks like. It's all about the bank balance at that stage.

On behalf of all the women here, bite me. In a non-sexual way.

Or in AH style, bank statements or GTFO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I can't see why anyone would want the kinda chick who's just into your job, car, and/ or money. Like what's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

sluts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

WindSock wrote: »
    Sure, I can work my ass off at trying to look good beyond what my parents have given me, work my tits off...

This will be counter-productive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

jesus christ almighty of course you should have high expectstions of women for the simple reason you should have high expectations of yourself

Fluff is grand but you need a brain
    There's loads out there too, just have to get chatting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Ah sure aren't we all a shower of rides like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The most likely reason for your lack of success with women is because you have:

A). A face like a melted wellington boot.
    B). A repugnant personality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

This thread is a bit of a disaster as 2 different groups of people are talking about two different aspects of Women's standards.

For example I agree completely with this:

Eh, no.

I'm not joking, they really shouldn't and I hate this topic.

Women have sexual desires the same as us, and they are people in their own right, just like we are.

They have a right to aim as high on the looks table as they can hit; if they decide that they are happy with a less attractive guy because he has other good qualities then grand, but it is their choice.

Women have no duty to be charitable with their favours and sleep with us even if they are unattracted to us - it's our 'job' to make them want to sleep with us.

Resenting women because they don't find you attractive, is kind of pathetic.

Seriously, just think of them as actual people and you'll realise why this very question is silly, and probably inspired by a childhood spent being raised by Disney films in which the sad nerd is always the one to get the hot girl, as opposed to the bigger, stronger, more charismatic bully.

But the other aspect is materialistic standards.

Shouldn't most people look for someone they get on with and someone they're attracted to for a partner?

There is an gender imbalance when it comes to this as there are women out there that demand more then that.

And in these examples I agree with the op.

When guys meet a girl they're attracted to and get on with they are less likely to care if that girl has her own car, is employed or has her own place compared to the amount of women that care about such things regarding potential partners.

Theres no reason why women should lower standards regarding looks just so ugly blokes can score better looking women though.

Ebbs wrote: »
    "Why do girls expect so high of boys? Pretty much they have to:

And girls just have to:
    • Show up naked
    • Bring a sandwich"

I agree, lower standards for us uglies

God, that would be the greatest first date ever.

Advertisement