Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Masking" Domain

Options
  • 29-01-2011 9:36pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting married and our photographer is setting up a RSVP website that will be in the format www.phtogpahersname.myname.com

I want to buy a domain that will be simple www.myname.com that would mask maskwww.phtogpahersname.myname.com ie people would only see www.myname.com

How would I go about doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I would doubt that it's acceptable to do this, because the photographer is setting it up for you and he would be - quite reasonably - expecting at least some advertising in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

godtabh wrote: »
    I'm getting married and our photographer is setting up a RSVP website that will be in the format www.phtogpahersname.myname.com

I want to buy a domain that will be simple www.myname.com that would mask maskwww.phtogpahersname.myname.com ie people would only see www.myname.com

How would I go about doing this?

Iframe maybe? it would require some web hosting space though for the single webpage

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Iframe maybe? it would require some web hosting space though for the single webpage

As I said I'll be buying a domain and hosting package so will look into that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

You can set up a redirect if u want.
    For example, someone types in www .yourname.com and it automatically sends them to www. theothername.yourname.com

So say if i wanted to set up a site called horsebiscuits.com and redirect it to boards, then i could set it up that anytime someone types in horsebisuits.com, boards.ie would come up instead.

If you want your own copy of the site on your www. yourname.com website, that's different.

Advertisement