Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election 2011 - Mayo Style

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

finisklin wrote: »
    I hope all the elected candidates for Mayo do their best for the county....this is an new era and hopefully the proposed changes during the campaign will become a reality. I think politics as we know it has changed and that Civil War divide is hopefully a thing of the past.....for the country's sake.

Fingers crossed the Ballaghdereen to Strokestown road is high up Inda's list.....:cool:

Ehm, we don't have the money for roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

It's a wish list and when Inda hasn't the helipcopter he'll get home quicker! ;)

It's a wish list and when Inda hasn't the helipcopter he'll get home quicker! ;)

Wonder how people will react when the Mayo Four don't deliver these type of things to Mayo

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Wonder how people will react when the Mayo Four don't deliver these type of things to Mayo
    Meh. Some people will be disgruntled, no doubt. By the same token, some people will lap up any claims of anything that has been delivered - call it confirmation bias, if you will.

Some of us look past the parochial politics, and think nationally. Not nearly enough of us, but I live in hope.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Meh. Some people will be disgruntled, no doubt. By the same token, some people will lap up any claims of anything that has been delivered - call it confirmation bias, if you will.

Some of us look past the parochial politics, and think nationally. Not nearly enough of us, but I live in hope.

Parochial politics was exactly what was used to get four FG TD's in Mayo, so not a lot of National thinking in that line, and Michelles biggest concern in her campaign was potholes!!

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Parochial politics was exactly what was used to get four FG TD's in Mayo, so not a lot of National thinking in that line, and Michelles biggest concern in her campaign was potholes!!
    Your grapes are no less sour for being predictable.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Your grapes are no less sour for being predictable.

Not sour grapes, I wished the Fine Gael people I knew well yesterday. It happens to be the truth, so they did not campaign on national issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

There might be less waffle and gloss in their election literature for 2016 and hopefully this change in politics may lead to a more transparent way for the electorate to assess candidates than the smoke and mirrors of hitherfore.

There might be less waffle and gloss in their election literature for 2016 and hopefully this change in politics may lead to a more transparent way for the electorate to assess candidates than the smoke and mirrors of hitherfore.

I seriously doubt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

I want a better road to Galway. Where's this parish pump where Enda hangs out?

• Advertisement

RMDrive wrote: »
    I want a better road to Galway. Where's this parish pump where Enda hangs out?

In fairness, FF were trying to provide that and got kicked out!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

In fairness, FF were trying to provide that and got kicked out!

FF were 14 years in power and didn't even resurface that road never mind provide a better road! :eek:

yop wrote: »
    FF were 14 years in power and didn't even resurface that road never mind provide a better road! :eek:

The M17 has been in the pipeline for years but seems to be stalled at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement