Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dietetics question??

• 29-01-2011 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hi I'm a fifth year student currently exploring what career i would like to pursue. The prospect of being a dietitian really interests me as i would love to work with people and help them and also have a strong interest in health and healthy eating and how food affects the body.
    My question is I know chemistry is a requirement to enter most course but I was wondering how big a role it plays in the actual course and job?
    Chemistry let say is not my greatest love but I feel could bear it to reach my goal. I also do biology which i find much more interesting.
    Also does physcology feature much in training as this is another aspect of dealing with people that intests me.
    Any feedback from qualified dietitians or those currently studying would be much appriated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lourou92

Hi, im a dietetics student, just finished first year. Im afraid i have to tell you that chemistry is a big part of the course, much more so than biology- i love it- but i got an a1 in chemistry.as to the actual job i dont know- perhaps someone could help on this- but the course is pretty chemistry heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

hello,
    my sister qualified from UL with a food science and health degree which leads into the dietetics career. she finished last year and honestly said it was very tough. she had a lot of late nights in 4th year and a ridiculous amount of assignments with some having no relevance at all.she was spending nights in the lab until 5a.m.

im just letting you know what i have heard about it. i don't know if here are other routes but thats just what i know on that way of entry.

Advertisement