Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you drink with dinner?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

water or orange juice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

water for nearly everything but if its a red meat then red wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bud10

Milk near always or diluted orange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Milk with any potato-based dinner.

Wine or water with anything else.

All my dinners are potato based!!!

Milk on weekdays and saturday, fizzy drink on sundays and weekends . .:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭don101

if im out of bottled water, beer. otherwise, water!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

baz2009 wrote: »
    Who the fcuk says 'Soda'?! It's called fizzy drink.:P

Spot on.

Fcukin soda? Another of these little american words creeping into boards talk. Yeah i went to a movie, dude! it was totally awesome!, we had like soda & candy. What irish person says candy?:rolleyes:

Please stop, just be yourself, be irish. We're kind of cool in a clumsy unknowing sort of way, we don't need to mimic other peoples culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

you forgot wine for them lot that do that

and miwadi for your average person

MIWADI FTW!!!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Soda?!?!:mad: A mineral thank you very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I like Cream Soda.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

Beer with Pizza only, water with everything else

Now this is something I can't agree with. I like a few tins as much as the next fella but fizzy drinks, coke being the overwhelming preference, are by far the most desirable drinks with pizza. Drinking beer with pizza is to me like drinking coffee, or tea... all three do a job on their own but just don't improve the taste of the pizza! I ask people to eat pizza and drink Dr. Pepper..it's fuppin bang on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Used to enjoy a pint of milk with every dinner but was informed that it curdles your food thereby making it more difficult for your system to digest.

In hindsight, it makes sense. Not as constipated as I used to be.

Now I drink water. Or whiskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I can't believe so many people drink milk with their dinner.

I've never seen anyone do that. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Why no specific tea option? Tea goes with everything and all occasions! Having finger food at a wake? Tea! At a christening? Tea! Just been broke up with? Tea!

To sum up, I like tea. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Millicent wrote: »
    Why no specific tea option? Tea goes with everything and all occasions! Having finger food at a wake? Tea! At a christening? Tea! Just been broke up with? Tea!

To sum up, I like tea. :pac:

A former housemate thought I was crazy for drinking tea with my dinner. Nearly everytime I was having my dinner, he'd comment on it. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

no-one? odd.

stuck with me since childhood. like so many things! them bones them bones need, cal-cium..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Larianne wrote: »
    A former housemate thought I was crazy for drinking tea with my dinner. Nearly everytime I was having my dinner, he'd comment on it. :confused:

Bah. Probably jealous of how much enjoyment you got from that cup of tea. Feck him. Wanna talk about it over a cup of tea? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Milk hate beer with food, and xmas day just would have a sup of red wine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Soda???:confused: Here in Ireland we use the term "soft drink". We don't use any of your fancy American terms thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I do, if I'm eating a ruby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

WTF is a soda?!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Soda???:confused: Here in Ireland we use the term "soft drink". We don't use any of your fancy American terms thank you!!
    Minerals, tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

WTF is a soda?!!

The stuff little old ladies drink with a dash of lime...

Advertisement