Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Akinator: guesses a character in your head

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Is your character associated with bombs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

John McLean, WB Yeats, Krusty the clown, Andy Dufresne - it got them all (although it took two shots at the latter two).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

It guessed Daniel O'Connell...

I'm addicted to this sh1t.
    Didn't guess Daniel O' Donnell

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Muas Tenek

Just played again with JB Yeats and it is added to the database with my description :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I tried Bertie but got David Norris

even though i said he doesn't wear glasses??

• Advertisement

Tried Pat Kenny and Rachel Riley, got them on the second guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

It got Bertie and got Georgia Salpa on the second guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

He didn't know Towser. It threw out Droopy, Snoopy, Brian from Family Guy... all infinitely inferior black and white cartoons dogs. I am unimpressed.

That Towser, what a rebel. Men wanted to be him and women wanted to be with him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

phasers wrote: »
    It couldn't get Spartacus Mills from The Day Today, or Chris the Sheep from Father Ted.

Wooooarrgh.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

It just guessed Larry Murphy! Amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It guessed me. No lie. I thought of my DJ name and it eventually guessed "Your alter ego". Pretty messed up.

But I outsmarted it with the electronic shop manager in 40-Year Old Virgin. Boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

got me with Al Bundy.

Asked "Does he have a son?", then when he asked "Does he also have a daughter?" I knew it had it

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

This is not for people of a certain age.

Did not get any of the actors from 80's classics Saint Elmos fire, The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink.

Long live the 80's

Feckin suggestions from the Oc, one tree hill etc, pile of merde !

Didnt get Clarence Worley from True Romance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Well holy god, it guess Miley Byrne ( on the second go ) and Rufus Wainright on the 3rd go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

It got Tom Crean after the second try, beat it with Kjartan Sveinsson and on my next character he thought it was me (I was thinking of Brendan Cusack the Irish-american fencer). on the third try he said it was someone i encountered somewhere....which in a way is actually true!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

hold on a sec, that program is insane

I thought id at least test it with Master Chief (from the Halo series)... question 8 it asks "Is your character from the Halo series"

crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

he even knew me :eek:

this is addicting stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ilikepears

ha ha i picked Neil Prendeville and it got it.
    Two of the questions were has this character had trouble with the law and is your character linked to sex?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Jesus, it guessed Sharon ní Bheolain, David Norris and Richard Dawkins, with answers I wouldn't have guessed on....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Beat it with Dana. She has finally achieved something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I was thinking of Amenhotep and it gave me Beetlejuice. Fail. I thought of Quetzalcoatl and it gave me Ganesh which is kinda on the godly trail. I thought of Columbanus and it gave me St Patrick so again on the right track. I could get real obscure but... :) In fairness it's damn good in general.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

It just guessed Larry Murphy! Amazing!

Unbelievable i got him too. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

answered everything correctly even when it asked about gender i answered "I don't know" amd it knew it was Justin Beiber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

Billy the fish. How the funk did it guess Billy the fish?.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Cilldara11

Turns out Paul Gogarty isn't that famous.

''**** you Akinator, **** you!''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Ha. It couldnt guess Donny from The Big Lebowski, it thought I was thinking of some kid from the Fast and the furious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HLecter

I were thinkin a Michael reet, bloke from Alan partridge what works in petrol station n that, got it too, proper good that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Both times it got it right.
    Second time was Goku, it asked was the character from DBZ @ #11 :o. It listed him as "SSJ3 Goku (DBZ)" and not just Goku, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

It got:
    JC Denton - Deus Ex
    John 117 - Halo
    Soap McTavish - COD
    It failed to get Boyle from "The Guard".

Advertisement