Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Event

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Just in case there is any confusion, we have announced this event now.

The Rionegro Mandate

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

sliabh wrote: »
    Just in case there is any confusion, we have announced this event now.

The Rionegro Mandate
    A little more info would be nice :D. Such as what are the ammo limits, are factions going to be separated by camo?? is there a limit set on how many can attend or is it just going to be see how many you can get?? Is it mid caps/hi caps?Seems to be alot of factions.
    Sorry if I sound negative but if you want people to travel from all over the country theyre going to want know these things and June isn't that far away for people to make plans. I might be interested in this but would need to know the answers to some of the Q's above before I'd consider it.
    Thanks;)
    P.S posted this here because I don't want to clog up the event thread with Q's

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

There's a lot of details yet to figure out, but I'll try to answer your questions based on what we have at the moment. This stuff isn't guaranteed to remain the same but it probably won't change much.

Ammo limits will generally be in the region of 600 rounds for a rifleman. Some few units will be running milsim rules, restricted to real capacities.

Factions are probably going to be separated by headwear - boonie hats versus berets and helmets, for example.

We wouldn't want to go over 200 people attending, probably. We'll have a think about it if ticket sales start looking like they're going to get near that number.

It'll be non-winding magazines only. We might put on a unit specifically for the high-cappers with simplified rules and objectives, but they'd still have the same ammo limits as the other normal units. We haven't decided yet if this'd add more to the game than it'd remove.

There are indeed a lot of factions, although they'll mostly be arranged into two major sides. Some of the factions will be very small, like 5 to 10 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

A lot of people said they would like to help with this national event. Well we have announced it, and are on the verge of launching our website and taking bookings.

We do need some help with proof reading, putting flyers in local airsoft shops and sites and so on.

So if you said you wanted to help, and you are still interested please let us know by PM or putting a message up here.

Thanks

sliabh

Field Operations Manager - Rionegro
    Executive Security Solutions.
    "Dedicated, Discrete, Decisive"

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Factions are probably going to be separated by headwear - boonie hats versus berets and helmets, for example.

Shane I think if people really want this to work it wouldn't be a lot to ask for them to have the factions in different BDU's such as black, Green, Tan, PMC etc. In my opinion it would
    a. look better for an event of this size and it would be easier for people to distinguish between factions

• Advertisement

We're going with headgear, having mulled over the options a fair bit. I think it's unfair to require one team to dress in desert camo for a game that's almost entirely played in the woods. There was a certain amount of complaining about exactly that after the last Berget, and with good reason in my opinion.

I agree that it looks better, but I'm also of the opinion that in airsoft practicality should trump looks (that's why I cover my beautiful face while playing, for example).

As it happens it also makes sense regarding the back-story to the conflict in question, which is a civil war where both major factions are formerly from the same army, and therefore would still be wearing similar uniforms.

As for distinguishing between the factions, I don't see why that should necessarily be easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Sorry Shane maybe you took me up wrong what I meant by the comment "look better" was I think everyone in some form of Green camo in a woodland location will just end up in a lot of confusion unless clear identifiers such as possibly bright red bandanas on rebels which would be considered keeping with realism etc. what do you think ?

Well, I don't think confusion is necessarily a problem in a game like this. The object not being to run around constantly brapping the faces off everything, people can afford to take a sec to try to identify targets.

Skirmish games often manage just fine with no markers at all. I know there's more to this, but I expect headwear will be clear enough - the head is the most often visible part of the body, after all - and doesn't impinge on anybody's ability to camouflage themselves if they want to, like coloured hats or armbands or desert clothing would.

For what it's worth, I sometimes wear a distinctive hat at airsoft games, and people can recognise me immediately, long before they get within range to pick out an armband. I don't think I've ever been hit by friendly fire while wearing it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

For what it's worth, I sometimes wear a distinctive hat at airsoft games, and people can recognise me immediately, long before they get within range to pick out an armband. I don't think I've ever been hit by friendly fire while wearing it. :)

On at least two occasions I had to be restrained from shooting at that hat, even if it would have been friendly fire...
    Yes, it's very distinctive. ;)

Advertisement