Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignorance Is NOT Bliss!?!?

Options
  • 29-01-2011 11:07pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So I'm there playing Balrog (Shock Horror) and meet another everyday Chun Player.

Had a nice few sessions, chap was clearly not totally to grips with the Chun but knows enough to do relatively alright and could beat me with some effort if they stayed focussed.

After about 15 games the message icon pops up and low and behold (seeing as I was plastering them 13-2'ish) I get a pretty expected "Ugh this matchup is so hard for Chun-Li" comment which always deserves a ":rolleyes:", so in a polite way I explain the matchup is actually in Chun's Favour (Think it's 6-4 Chun isn't it?) and they proceed with comments like "Yeah, right..."

Then s/he made a lolsome statement like "That statistic only applies to Japanese players!" to which I just gave up.

So, without breaking into another Hatemail thread, do you still get people like this? I expect it a lot as SF4 PC will likely die out soon and those who do pick it up often try to learn from scratch so you've plenty of fresh meat floating about but for you guys expanding off to SUPER and whatnot, do you still get people just blatantly unaware of even basic info and does it get on your tits when you meet them?

I used to be very tolerant but I'm starting to get a little frustrated with it :(

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yup. You're always going to run into people who don't check out forums and just play casual!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Guile player recently told me (playing Honda) that I was only winning cause I used a top tier character and that he's easy to win with. I guess he missed the part where Guile is not only above Honda in the current tier list, but also has a fairly easy time against Honda. This guy just sucked serious ass. I thought it was funny anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Here's an actual exchange of messages I had after a BBCS match about a week and a half ago:

http://neoempire.com/forum/showpost.php?p=338248&postcount=116

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Yreval wrote: »
    Here's an actual exchange of messages I had after a BBCS match about a week and a half ago:

http://neoempire.com/forum/showpost.php?p=338248&postcount=116

Idiots always think Noel and Tager are OP because they are scrub-killers, especially Tager.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's perfectly OK to say that you hate matchup X-Y though.

Just because it's theoretically in your favour doesn't mean it can't still make for the most tense/frustrating games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Tiers change pretty regularly though.

Deejays favourable/unfavourable match-ups are all over the bloody place between tiers.

Someone could swear blind he was terrible versus character X, be "wrong" at the time, and later turn out to be "right".

There's a kind of nebulous degree of correctness in the whole match-up thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

I could swear i had someone tell me cody is the most broken character in street fighter.
    The amount of laughter that gave was beyond intense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Any excuse to not blame your own skill level, don't pass remarks on these people

Advertisement