Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boreds . ie

• 29-01-2011 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi all, although being relatively new to posting on boards (finallly regged last month) I have been reading boards.ie in work and college for around the last 5 years! It seems to me these days that most of the threads on AH are particularly mundane, and any thread with a chance to become legendary (e.g. Dicks on display) just get quickly locked. What's going on ? If you look at AH in 2005 it was a good laugh, without things getting too out of hand. Is a re-think of this forum needed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

no one wants to see dick on display.

its tits nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

This is a trick question right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Don't question the mods OP. They'll smother you with their hookers tits and then scatter coke around the body to make it look like a tragic drug fueled sex accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

You should have signed up in 2005 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭macquarie

Nevore wrote: »
    Don't question the mods OP. They'll smother you with their hookers tits and then scatter coke around the body to make it look like a tragic drug fueled sex accident.

That's another thing, joking about mods using cocaine and prostitutes - it's been done millions of times now and lost any element of humour a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

macquarie wrote: »
    That's another thing, joking about mods using cocaine and prostitutes - it's been done millions of times now and lost any element of humour a long time ago.

Joking?:confused:

Apparently not. I do look forward to the rib-tickling contributions that you'll be making in the future to try and bump the curve a bit. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭macquarie

Nevore wrote: »
    Apparently not. I do look forward to the rib-tickling contributions that you'll be making in the future to try and bump the curve a bit. :)

Well I'd love to but it's almost a waste of time starting a thread these days, seems around 80% of them get locked for some pedantic reason.

Well I'd love to but it's almost a waste of time starting a thread these days, seems around 80% of them get locked for some pedantic reason.
    Funny you should mention pedantry. I'm pretty sure that you'll find the percentage is far lower than 80% :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

With some miserable threads, you pray that they get locked, but they're still there after 11 posts.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

was the humor back in 2005 as funny and as creative as the title of this thread?
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I don't think it's particularly mundane but you're right about the mods. There's one in particular who seems to do nothing other than antagonize other posters and lock threads. It's starting to turn me off AH to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I don't think it's particularly mundane but you're right about the mods. There's one in particular who seems to do nothing other than antagonize other posters and lock threads. It's starting to turn me off AH to be honest.

Name and shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Hi all, although being relatively new to posting on boards (finallly regged last month) I have been reading boards.ie in work and college for around the last 5 years! It seems to me these days that most of the threads on AH are particularly mundane, and any thread with a chance to become legendary (e.g. Dicks on display) just get quickly locked. What's going on ? If you look at AH in 2005 it was a good laugh, without things getting too out of hand. Is a re-think of this forum needed?

maybe you should think about a different forum than AH OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

AH goes through phases of being good then shit, hopefully it'll get good again soon.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

The Mods on other forums apart from AH, are alot worse. Alot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah...boards has gone downhill in the last few years...
    I mean it's been nearly 2 year since my last forum banning etc and I only received one infraction in all of 2010..
    2009 I received at least 4 infractions with one banning I think in the adverts.ie sections... (A mod asked a user where did he get all the gas and I replied that he must have had a bad indian the night before :D ) ..that got me a month's ban :D

Hence it's fairly obvious that threads are getting more boring each year....

or maybe the mods are finally beating sense into me??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Who's joking?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I smell bollocksology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I asked this question last year, with a specific request to people not to thank it because I was not a thanks whore and because it was a serious question.

It got post of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    2009 I received at least 4 infractions with one banning I think in the adverts.ie sections... (A mod asked a user where did he get all the gas and I replied that he must have had a bad indian the night before :D ) ..that got me a month's ban :D

A month for that :eek:, some right wing mods in 09 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

If you like toilet humor this is the place for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

antagonistic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

brummytom wrote: »
    AH goes through phases of being good then shit, hopefully it'll get good again soon.

No, hopefully it'll get SHIT again soon :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It was so much fun in 05 you didn't register or post then?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Hi macquarie, you are welcome to post your thoughts/opinions on AHs in Feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

sdonn wrote: »
    I asked this question last year, with a specific request to people not to thank it because I was not a thanks whore and because it was a serious question.

It got post of the day.

Nice try.;)

/couldn't resist..:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement