Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Ireland and Dell Finance

Options
  • 29-01-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Evening folks, I apologise if this is the wrong place to post this, it was the best I could think of.

On the 21st of this month, I decided to go for it and purchase a laptop from Dell using their finance option. After carefully and very slowly filling in all details on the Creation Finance form that you are redirected to, I got the the bank details page. This is where I hit trouble. It would not accept my bank account sort code as valid. After trying for about 10 minutes, in frustration I tried my fiancées account and sort code. Again, invalid sort code. At this stage I had wasted a half an hour trying to fill out this form. So I eventually gave up, went back to the Dell site, to the basket and chose the online chat option.
    01/21/2011 05:14:27PM Session Started with Agent (Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx)

01/21/2011 05:14:27PM Marc Hilton: "Hey there. I have decided to purchase a laptop through your finance option, however on the finance application process it repeatedly, and to be honest extremely irritatingly, tells me my bank account sort code is not vaild. My bank account sort code is perfectly valid. xx-xx-xx is AIB blanchardstown. This is rather frustrating and quite off putting

01/21/2011 05:14:34PM Agent (Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx): "Welcome to Dell Chat Sales, This is Sxxxxxx, your Dell Sales Advisor. My email address is Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx@dell.com. Hope you are doing good."

01/21/2011 05:14:38PM Agent (Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx): "Hi Marc"

01/21/2011 05:14:45PM Marc Hilton: "Greetings"

01/21/2011 05:15:17PM Agent (Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx): "I can understand your concern"

01/21/2011 05:15:37PM Agent (Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx): "There is some technical problem with the Website"

01/21/2011 05:15:55PM Agent (Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx): "Will it be ok to arrange for a call back from our Finance team"

01/21/2011 05:16:01PM Agent (Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx): "and help you with your purchase."

01/21/2011 05:16:12PM Agent (Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx): "as we do not have related tools."

01/21/2011 05:16:43PM Marc Hilton: "Will this issue be fixed anytime soon? Why is this not mentioned on the Dell website? "

01/21/2011 05:17:07PM Agent (Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx): "It would be easy over the phone."

01/21/2011 05:17:19PM Agent (Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx): "and we do not have relevant information"

01/21/2011 05:17:26PM Agent (Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx): "regarding the issue"

01/21/2011 05:18:33PM Marc Hilton: "I see. That is rather unfortunate. I think I just spent about half an hour slowly filling out the application when this time could have been saved if you mention on the dell.ie website that the online finance application is not currently functioning. I don’t understand how you can know about the issue and not have relevant information."

01/21/2011 05:19:05PM Agent (Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx): "True, your feedback will be taken"

01/21/2011 05:19:14PM Agent (Sxxxxxx_Vxxxxxx): "and I will pass it to the concerned team."

01/21/2011 05:20:00PM Marc Hilton: "Thank you. Now, I do not feel comfortable providing sensitive information such as that required for this finance application over the phone so I will email Creation Consumer Finance and retry when they confirm that everything is working as intended. Thank you again."
    I emailed Creation shortly after that. It is now the 29th of January, 9 whole days later, and the online form has not worked since. Creation have also not replied to my email. Special offers and discount codes that I was using have since expired and I'm still left with no information as to what is going on. Anytime I go into live chat they say the same thing and push a phone call sale, which I REALLY do not want. It is looking kind of dodgy to me at this stage..

This is an interesting quote from their FAQ which I think highlights my point..

QCan I get an instant decision online now? AYes once you pick 'Credit Agreement' as your preferred payment option, you will be asked to complete an online application form. A decision will be made, PLUS you can sign all the relevant documentation whilst online. Meaning your purchases can be shipped to you as soon as possible.
    Is anyone having a similar difficulty or has tried to purchase a system from them and had this problem? Would anyone have any advice on the matter?

Thanks alot folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

I had the exact same problem between the 15th and 20th of December last.

I sent them 2 emails but got no response, I took my business elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

this is more likely to do with the commission which is to be earned by the telephone sales people who process your order and finance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Creation don't deal with individuals, afaik. But the finance team at Dell were pretty handy. Long story short, tried to get finance online, didn't work, called next day, had everything organised by the end of the day, laptop arrived about 8 days later. The rep I was talking to acknowledged that there seemed to be issues with sort codes for a few Irish banks.

As for it being to do with the staff getting commission, I don't care. The laptop didn't get any dearer for being bought over the phone than online and if anything was a better purchasing experience as I was able to get other questions answered about the spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I would just take the call. email is not secure, in fact I'd say it's less secure than a phone call as usually copies will be kept in more than one location (including your computer which for most will be incredibly insecure). The main problem with the phone would be whether or not you are actually talking to Dell, which seems like a low risk when you have agreed to a callback. It would be best if it all just worked on their secure online form, but it isn't an insurmountable problem if it doesn't.

Advertisement