Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

third shower

Options
  • 29-01-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭

heya i have a quick question, a mate of mine has two electrc showers in the house and using an interlock so only one will come on at any given time, he wants to put a third one on. what would be the best way to do it and how??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

heya i have a quick question, a mate of mine has two electrc showers in the house and using an interlock so only one will come on at any given time, he wants to put a third one on. what would be the best way to do it and how??

You can change the 2 way priority interlock for a 3 way one. Heres an example: http://www.voltimum.ie/news/8162/cm/abb-s-range-of-priority-non-priority-shower-boards.html its the third one down. The other option would be to put in an electric power shower. This would need a hot and cold feed of equal pressures and it uses very little current compared to an instant shower. The electrical feed for them only needs to be 2.5 square depending on the run. But in an average house this would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

sparcocars wrote: »
    You can change the 2 way priority interlock for a 3 way one. Heres an example: http://www.voltimum.ie/news/8162/cm/abb-s-range-of-priority-non-priority-shower-boards.html its the third one down. The other option would be to put in an electric power shower. This would need a hot and cold feed of equal pressures and it uses very little current compared to an instant shower. The electrical feed for them only needs to be 2.5 square depending on the run. But in an average house this would be fine.

how much that do ya know? i knw it would be easier having a power shower but they want a third one for some stupid reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

how much that do ya know? i knw it would be easier having a power shower but they want a third one for some stupid reason.

Sorry i wouldn't know how much they are. Never had to get a 3-way one. Ring a wholesalers tomorrow and find out. They might have to order something like that in anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you might be able to add on a relay and contactor -to convert the existing controller( the 3-way is prob pricy )

dunno is a 3-way setup practical really

you also have the nonsense( if memory serves )of the other showers coming back on accidentally

most places use stored hot water and pumps these days

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

If no Three way unit available, just get a second two way and conect the second output of the first priority unit to the input of the second priority unit and then connect the other two showers to its two outputs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

If no Three way unit available, just get a second two way and conect the second output of the first priority unit to the input of the second priority unit and then connect the other two showers to its two outputs.

yes I've heard guys doing this, its a good idea IMHO you select the main shower and wire it into the first o/p of the first unit, then you split the other two not as important showers onto the second unit and feed it from the second o/p of the first unit, I'd forgotten about that one possibly the most cost effective way of doing it, thanks Mat

Stoner wrote: »
    yes I've heard guys doing this, its a good idea IMHO you select the main shower and wire it into the first o/p of the first unit, then you split the other two not as important showers onto the second unit and feed it from the second o/p of the first unit, I'd forgotten about that one possibly the most cost effective way of doing it, thanks Mat

does it make a difference:)

thought it would be still non-priority with 2 dual controllers

unless i'm missing the obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

well its the best cost solution for the op while staying within in the regs, I though the first unit was a priority unit if its not then I was wrong, but with respect to buying a potentially expensive three op unit the above post offered the most simple solution IMHO that I for one did not think of.

ya :)it could be alright

i was thinking of 2 non-priority's

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Does anyone else think its madness putting in three electric showers?

I know switching to a pumped system would have some initial cost, in the long run it would probably save money if using gas central heating to heat the water. Plus you get to have decent showers, and multiple showers at the same time.

• Advertisement

would be daft adding a 3rd instantaneous shower i reckon

on 12kva

and you have the nonsense of another shower switching on accidentally

not to mention the limescale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Davy wrote: »
    Does anyone else think its madness putting in three electric showers?

I know switching to a pumped system would have some initial cost, in the long run it would probably save money if using gas central heating to heat the water. Plus you get to have decent showers, and multiple showers at the same time.

Yes a bit over the top i think as well.

2 non priority units will work as a 3 way non priority with the second one fed from the output of the first one. But it seems a bit mad alright to have 3 electric showers in a standard supply house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Stoner wrote: »

Could also have the priority unit with the priority output feeding a non priority unit so the 2 showers on the non priority unit both have priority over the other 1 shower so these 2 are a first come first serve setup over-riding the one other shower. That might be less likely to then interfere with others which would be the case if 1 shower over-rides the other 2.

It all depends what is in the house already which seems to be a priority unit by reading of the OP.

Advertisement