Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd colour discrepancy between PS and DW in CS5

Options
  • 30-01-2011 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

so having this odd error and hoping someone can give me some insight.

I am updating a webpage with a new logo and a few other things and I am trying to match the background of a logo from another associated website to the one I want to display it in. So I sample the colour in DW and get the web code for it, I go into PS and use the web code to select the colour. So now the colours are the same I save, insert image into updated page, save and go to preview and the colours are off. Even when I sample the 2 colours now in DW they are different

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I got this issue when I used a hexadecimal colour with 3 digits/numbers; Try expanding it to 6 by doubling each number or making the background of the image transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

This is the colour I am telling PS to use #5A5644
    And while in PS its all good but when I bring the image back to DW I get this #474E2D

I think its happening when I bring it into DW cause when I look at that image now in PS its changed. But the original PSD is still as I left it... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

What format are you saving to ?

JPEG compression or GIF colour depth/settings might be causing a minor shift.

JPEG but its not a minor shift, its a huge one. Its not my first web page, I have been using PS for over 10 years and DW for almost the same and this has never happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Might be worth double checking if your image mode in PS is set to RGB colour.

• Advertisement

It was not, as it turns out it was set to CYMK. I forgot I had been doing stuff in college. worst thing is that it did not fix it. So I changed it to transparent and foreground colour and its working good now. But I would still like to know what the hell happened

Advertisement