Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so what do you love about the iphone4

Options
  • 30-01-2011 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

I have heard a lot of criticisms but considering i have every iphone since they came out I love it. (only paid stupid big money for the first and all the others were cheaper upgrades)
    So much faster. Love face time, multitasking and the overall appearance. My only problem is not the device but the rubbish o2 signal for calls and data where I live.

I find myself browsing more often on the iphone rather than my old trusty macbook now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

LOVE it. Huge step up from my 3gs. I held off for months without buying one because i thought it was not much of an upgrade. Woke up one morning got the urge and went and bought it that day and i am very pleased. Much more compact size and the screen and battery life are much improved.
    Well worth the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

oh totally agree. I find the new shape doesnt slip out of your hand as much. They older ones were like wet soap

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have to be honest, since I got the iPad, I'm not feeling the love for the iPhone (disclaimer: I got both through work, I am not filthy rich).

I find I don't use the full features of the iPhone, anything I need to do, I do it on the iPad.

However, compared to my trusty N900, the iPhone is just slick. Stuff works. No messing around, no hassle. That's probably what I like the most.

ah yes but if I had an ipad i would probably feel the same. one day.....oooone day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

My favourite feature is the whole package! Honeslty I can't pick a single feature.
    The headline is defiantly the display and the speed of the phone. Coming from a 3G the difference was incredible. The phone felt blazing fast and everything looked incredibly pretty! The Camera is great too, I've not seen my pocket camera in a while. I also love the glass and metal construction. Very industrial and oozes class and quality like nothing this side of a (WAG-tastic) Vertu!

iPhone and iPad are surprisingly different. iPad is my preferred choice for web-browsing, watching anything and when there is an iPad optimised app.

Since I've gotten my iPad I have switched back to my (work) HTC Desire more. I think it may be more to do with the network and the mobile hotspot a feature that should be on iOS soon. As soon as it is, the T-Mobile sim will be getting some surgery....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm actually using a desire HD at the moment i upgraded my contact so got it quite cheap.

since moving to the HD i miss my iphone4. here are a few reasons why.

screen. the HD is bigger but worse resolution, also when it's showing blacks i can see the touch screen dots on the screen. if i got a hint of that on my iphone jobs would personally fly out and bitch slap me and give me an iphone4 again.

os. Android is an amazing OS, so customisable with widgets, hotspots etc etc. but its downside, i constantly have to manage resources, got to make sure all apps are killed so that the phone runs smoothly. With iOS there's no hint of this whatsoever the phone is so snappy be it with 1 app open or 400 apps opened.

form factor. the iphone4 with its glass front and back and brushed alu. is simply one of the best looking phones i've seen ever.

integration. iphone seamlessly integrates with OS X and Windows there's no dicking around it just works. Android however throws a fit when i want to connect it to my iMac/Macbook.

app store. android market is terrible to browse, and generally has an awful selection in my opinion, and there's no web interface to the store (well there is but it's terrible). on the other hand the app store is amazing, i think it ties down to the integration i talked about earlier.

app approval. when the app store first came out i was like "apple have to approve apps? that's a bit rich" but from using android this last month or so, i totally agree. it keeps the quality of apps up. now i don't mean that the fart apps and everything are quality apps but they have some sort of quality control opposed by apple so i can know that the app won't grind my phone to a halt.

i'll give one example of my gripe with the desire/android; i'm having an odd bug when on 3g, listening to music and i refresh twitter my music stalls for 2-3 seconds. if this happened on an iOS device apple coders would be shot.

maybe i'm just a lover of the apple walled garden but you can't really complain when "it just works"

bd250110 I have to agree on the camera. It is super. The flash results at night leave people a bit orange looking but otherwise it is very good. I bought a canon SX120 powershot recently and I have to say i dont use it that much:o unless I want a higher quality picture.

I also love the double click on the home button feature which brings you back to the last 4 apps used

Small detail but the control on the earbuds are a nice added feature

Has anyone used it as a dongle? I did when eircom was down through bluetooth with my macbook and was suitably impressed even with the questionable signal in my area.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

i'm actually using a desire HD at the moment i upgraded my contact so got it quite cheap.

since moving to the HD i miss my iphone4. here are a few reasons why.

screen. the HD is bigger but worse resolution, also when it's showing blacks i can see the touch screen dots on the screen. if i got a hint of that on my iphone jobs would personally fly out and bitch slap me and give me an iphone4 again.

os. Android is an amazing OS, so customisable with widgets, hotspots etc etc. but its downside, i constantly have to manage resources, got to make sure all apps are killed so that the phone runs smoothly. With iOS there's no hint of this whatsoever the phone is so snappy be it with 1 app open or 400 apps opened.

form factor. the iphone4 with its glass front and back and brushed alu. is simply one of the best looking phones i've seen ever.

integration. iphone seamlessly integrates with OS X and Windows there's no dicking around it just works. Android however throws a fit when i want to connect it to my iMac/Macbook.

app store. android market is terrible to browse, and generally has an awful selection in my opinion, and there's no web interface to the store (well there is but it's terrible). on the other hand the app store is amazing, i think it ties down to the integration i talked about earlier.

app approval. when the app store first came out i was like "apple have to approve apps? that's a bit rich" but from using android this last month or so, i totally agree. it keeps the quality of apps up. now i don't mean that the fart apps and everything are quality apps but they have some sort of quality control opposed by apple so i can know that the app won't grind my phone to a halt.

i'll give one example of my gripe with the desire/android; i'm having an odd bug when on 3g, listening to music and i refresh twitter my music stalls for 2-3 seconds. if this happened on an iOS device apple coders would be shot.

maybe i'm just a lover of the apple walled garden but you can't really complain when "it just works"

First and most important for me. Watched Windows users green with envy for years being able to freely sync calendars etc. Nokia just got their arse in gear for Macs before the iPhone came out - too little, too late........

@Aruba08 - you do know its not just the last 4 apps don't you?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The battery life, a seemingly better GPS chip inside (My 3gs would never get a lock unless I'd data roaming on if I was abroad), the light weight - materials used - and quality of construction, definitely the retina screen. Huge bonus are the cameras, the rear one is actually very good, and I use Facetime with friends in Australia all the time, so I'm very happy with that too.

Now that I've a Boxwave Keyboard case, I'm even happier. For long emails, it definitely beats the touchscreen.

What would I kill for? An FM radio for when I'm painting, Nokia style profiles without needing to jailbreak, the option to automatically reject all 'blocked' numbers, and a native GMail app.

Advertisement