Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joan Accuses Brown (Sunday Headline)

Options
  • 30-01-2011 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Joan has just claimed that VB is sexist bully in the headline of the Irish Mail

Has she lost it completely. How is Quinn allowing this stuff get to the papers. If they cant manage this little problem (Joan) i wonder how they will manage Barroso. What is she going to call him as we look for a better interest rate ??... She is a WMD
    (Weapon of mass destruction)

Surely Lab have to sack her.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Wide Road

Crazy stuff from Joan. The obvious question now is did the Labour Party know and agree with Joan's latest outburst with the Sunday Mail. Or is this story just plucked out of the sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Have you seen the article? Is joan referring to her recent appearance on tonight with vb or just making a genereal accusation against him?

I saw the show, the only bullying i could see was coming from joan! This is not good for labour, especially now that ff have started to make noises indicating they would support a minority fg government. (I will emigrate to the moon should that come to pass.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

First of all ...its the Mail!
    Second, she better be able to back up her accusations or there might be hell to pay!
    Third, you just know VB will go on the offensive and be backed by his station (if only for further own publicity reasons).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I'll comment when I see this quoted from another newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

or an actual link please

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

Fitzerb wrote: »

Has she lost it completely. How is Quinn allowing this stuff get to the papers. If they cant manage this little problem (Joan) i wonder how they will manage Barroso. What is she going to call him as we look for a better interest rate ??... She is a WMD

Imagine if things changed in Italy and Berlisconi stood down and ran for and got Barroso's job?
    :)

ISAW wrote: »
    Imagine if things changed in Italy and Berlisconi stood down and ran for and got Barroso's job?
    :)

Imagine if the story is true in Sundays Mail. Eamon has some questions to answer, thanks to Joan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Quinn? Eamon Gilmore is leader, not Ruairi.

Or are you talking about someone else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

ArtSmart wrote: »
    or an actual link please

Here's one for yesteryear.
    http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2010/05/13/00004.asp
    starts on page 7
    the same hallmarks
    - accuse the person moderating the discussion of sexism and of bias
    - go off topic, ignore the rules, bait others
    [7]Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton A Cheann Comhairle, sometimes your sexism gets the best of you. The Tánaiste and I are perfectly capable of putting up with it and ignoring it——

Deputy Dermot Ahern: Information on Dermot Ahern Zoom on Dermot Ahern The Ceann Comhairle has been accused of a lot in his time.

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton ——but you allowed the Deputy from Cavan-Monaghan and the Leader of Fine Gael to raise the issue and you did not interrupt or barrack them.

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk I allowed Deputy Burton to raise it as well. I am drawing her attention to the fact that I will not allow a detailed contribution at this point in time. There will be other opportunities, as the Tánaiste has indicated.

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton There will not be. I want to know if the Government will lay the document before the House for discussion and when it will provide time for the debate.

I also want to know whether the Taoiseach and the Minister for Finance have made a prior agreement in Brussels, before coming to this House, to yield to proposals from the Commission about the future direction and management of Irish budgets. That is the sovereign issue in this Parliament. Does this Parliament decide our budget or is the budget agreed privately in Brussels beforehand?

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk It is entirely inappropriate to make these——

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton Sorry; it is not inappropriate.

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk It is entirely inappropriate and I will not allow it.

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton It is not inappropriate.

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk The Deputy will have to resume her seat if she persists with that line of argument. It is entirely inappropriate. If she has a direct question on promised legislation, I will allow it. It is completely out of order to have a detailed contribution on what is a very serious issue in a time-limited Order of Business and I will not allow it.

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton Why is the Ceann Comhairle afraid of the sovereign Parliament of this Chamber having a debate?

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk I am not afraid.

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton What is he afraid of? Why is he protecting Fianna Fáil?

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk This House is governed by Standing Orders and my obligations are to implement the Standing Orders.

Deputy Michael Mulcahy: Information on Michael Mulcahy Zoom on Michael Mulcahy Hear, hear.

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk If Deputy Burton and other Members wish to change them, there is a procedure for doing so.

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton When is the Commission document being laid before the House? When will there be a debate, as befits a sovereign parliament? The Commission is talking about very important historic changes in the budgetary process.

[8]An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk Deputy Burton has made the point and I will allow the Tánaiste to respond.

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton It is an entirely reasonable question about whether those changes and their structure will be debated in this Chamber. That is all I am asking.

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk Okay, fine. Will Deputy Burton now resume her seat? I call Deputy Ó Caoláin.

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton That is all I am asking.

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk Fine, okay.

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton I have several other questions.

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk Will Deputy Burton resume her seat, please?

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton I want to ask the Ceann Comhairle’s advice.

(Interruptions).

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton If the Ceann Comhairle can advise me again, he allowed Deputy Kenny——

(Interruptions).

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk I allowed Deputy Burton as well, for goodness' sake.

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton The chorus is exhilarating. Please keep it up. Come on, lads, come on.

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk Deputy Burton, will you resume your seat?

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton Let us hear it. There is hardly a squeak out of them.

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk Will the Deputy resume her seat? I call Deputy Ó Caoláin.

Deputy Joan Burton: Information on Joan Burton Zoom on Joan Burton Can we have an answer from the Tánaiste? Will the Ceann Comhairle allow the muinteoir? Come on, do not go silent on me.

Deputy Dermot Ahern: Information on Dermot Ahern Zoom on Dermot Ahern Deputy Burton will be at the back of the class.

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk Will Members refrain from engaging with the Deputy across the floor?

Deputy Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin: Information on Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin Zoom on Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin Somewhat on the same issue——

(Interruptions).

An Ceann Comhairle: Information on Seamus Kirk Zoom on Seamus Kirk Minus the embellishment, please. We do not need embellishment.

Deputy Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin: Information on Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin Zoom on Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin No embellishments here.

Deputy Noel Dempsey: Information on Noel Dempsey Zoom on Noel Dempsey In Deputy Ó Caoláin’s case, impossible.

As regards the manner in which it was said look here:
    https://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=37516&locID=1.2.139.&pagename=news

PS I note the official record does not have "petrol blue"

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fitzerb

kraggy wrote: »
    Quinn? Eamon Gilmore is leader, not Ruairi.

Or are you talking about someone else?

Ruairi is your director of elections...... Thought you would have known that

• Advertisement

Yeah, but technically the election hasn't been called yet. My point still stands, if the article is true, did Eamon & the Labour Party know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Whatever about the actual issue (which, as others have said, needs to appear in a credible newspaper to be taken seriously) I cannot see how the OP has managed to twist it in order to cast doubt re Barruso.

Typical FF mud-slinging.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Whatever about the actual issue (which, as others have said, needs to appear in a credible newspaper to be taken seriously) I cannot see how the OP has managed to twist it in order to cast doubt re Barruso.

Typical FF mud-slinging.

Whatever about the twist, have you any opinion on the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Amazing.

She should worry less about discrimination on grounds of gender, and more about discrimination on grounds of idiocy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Director of Elections decides election strategy, which candidates run in each constituency (varies from party to party how this works) etc.

The party leader is the one who reins in a TD/candidate when they're making buffoons of themselve and shaming the party image.

Wide Road wrote: »
    Yeah, but technically the election hasn't been called yet. My point still stands, if the article is true, did Eamon & the Labour Party know?

I doubt if they knew.

You dont have to call an election to have a director of elections. Quinn is working on this job for a few months now

kraggy wrote: »
    Director of Elections decides election strategy, which candidates run in each constituency (varies from party to party how this works) etc.

The party leader is the one who reins in a TD/candidate when they're making buffoons of themselve and shaming the party image.

Director of Election manages everything that goes to the press. He controls the PR people of the party for the duration of his post.
    He does not decide the strategy or who goes in each constituency. That is usually done by a an election working group with the leader having the final say in cases of dispute. Once that strategy is agreed its his job to implement it.

I doubt if they knew.

You dont have to call an election to have a director of elections. Quinn is working on this job for a few months now

Not good enough. We need to know if the Labour Party knew about Joan being front page news on Mail on Sunday. If they did, well it says enough about them. If they didn't, what are they going to do about it, ie sacking her

Typical FF labour mud-slinging.

Did you mean Labour Mud Slinging or perhaps I may have confused the issue. Let me try again

Joan the moan is behaving like a child. I have never seen anything like her behaviour on VB. I thought it was a impression take at first. This person is deputy leader of a party that wants to be in Government. Her behaviour was not rational, "Vincent your haranging me" .... WOW, I dont fancy her to do any negotiations on the tax payers behalf if she behaves like that.

Not good enough. We need to know if the Labour Party knew about Joan being front page news on Mail on Sunday. If they did, well it says enough about them. If they didn't, what are they going to do about it, ie sacking her

Well sorry but I cant help there, I don't know if they did or didn't know.

Perhaps more will be revealed tomorrow... should be fun

• Advertisement

Well sorry but I cant help there, I don't know if they did or didn't know.

Perhaps more will be revealed tomorrow... should be fun

Let's hope we will know if the Labour Party gave Joan their blessing regarding the Mail on Sunday. The truth is vital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Have you seen the article? Is joan referring to her recent appearance on tonight with vb or just making a genereal accusation against him?

I saw the show, the only bullying i could see was coming from joan! This is not good for labour, especially now that ff have started to make noises indicating they would support a minority fg government. (I will emigrate to the moon should that come to pass.)

She made claims about her appearance on the show and about Vincent Browne in general.

She has really shot herself in both feet now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Whatever about the twist, have you any opinion on the thread?

Answered already
    needs to appear in a credible newspaper to be taken seriously

Daily Mail is a step down from the Sindo.

Strange how some people take unsubstantiated tabloid headlines as fact on certain subjects and yet tell us we have to wait until due process is followed for others.

Bias is an awful thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Don't you love it when someone who clearly has no answers, successfully manages to create a sideshow to avoid being found out.

sligopark wrote: »
    Don't you love it when someone who clearly has no answers, successfully manages to create a sideshow to avoid being found out.

I agree

Answered already

Daily Mail is a step down from the Sindo.

Strange how some people take unsubstantiated tabloid headlines as fact on certain subjects and yet tell us we have to wait until due process is followed for others.

Bias is an awful thing.

Do you find it strange that when Daily Mail Headline are about other parties they dont need to be substantiated but when about Labour they need to be verified.
    I doubt people who saw Moan of Arc on VB need any due process to know what she is like. Labour should dump her now they are already down 11% since September, If she keeps this up she will cost her DL buddies the Merc.

you are correct Bias is an awful thing.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mr j tayto

Bye Bye Joan you had your chance and you well and truly blew it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I'd like to see the article if anyone has a link? Or a scan?
    The Mail has done some good work exposing the expenses scandal but at least the Indo has their actual articles online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

When you are in a hole stop digging!

Someone should have told Joan of this saw.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dear God that woman is annoying.

Labour will be a disaster for this country because they wont tackle the deficit and they have conniving idiots like her.

DeV.

Advertisement