Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions about the Kindle

Options
  • 30-01-2011 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

morning all , i have a few question re the amazon kindle if you can help that would be great

~Both my sister and myself are thinking of geting a kindle , are we able to share books we have bought?

~ARe the books that you buy stored on your computer as well so that if you break/lose the kindle you can just upload them again ?

I have people coming home from the states and the uk both of which i can get a kindle delivered to , now while the one from the USA is cheaper to buy which one is the best in the long run to buy from - amazon.com or .co.uk ???
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Grizz

Quote:
    Originally Posted by magic roundabou viewpost.gif
    ~Both my sister and myself are thinking of geting a kindle , are we able to share books we have bought?

Currently for non-US owners the only way to do this is by registering the two kindles to one Amazon account and any books purchased through it will be delivered to both Kindle.

Hi Bedlam, Do you know if its still the case that you cant share books on two different accounts outside the US?
    I was hoping to share books with a friend in the UK ( Im in Ireland)
    My account if from the US and my mates is through UK

Also, Is it possible to re-register my account from the US - the choice is very poor compared to the UK accounts
    Thanks for any help you can provide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Grizz wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by magic roundabou viewpost.gif

Currently for non-US owners the only way to do this is by registering the two kindles to one Amazon account and any books purchased through it will be delivered to both Kindle.

Hi Bedlam, Do you know if its still the case that you cant share books on two different accounts outside the US?
    I was hoping to share books with a friend in the UK ( Im in Ireland)
    My account if from the US and my mates is through UK

Also, Is it possible to re-register my account from the US - the choice is very poor compared to the UK accounts
    Thanks for any help you can provide :)

Yes, it is possible to re-register your kindle to a UK account . . I did that a couple of weeks ago . . the selection is way better on the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

you can register up to 5 kinldes to the same account. The books are downloaded to whichever kindle you select.

Advertisement