Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use 2 wireless routers on my network at the same time?

• 30-01-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently changed from eircom to vodafone and now I have 2 wireless modems/routers.
    I have very bad wireless signal in half of the house, - is it possible to use both modems at the same time in two different halves of the house?!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Not as routers.

But if you can turn off the router, DHCP and all else you can use one as an Airpoint (2nd Wifi point) if you run an ethernet cable between them. Some models don't reliably let you turn everything off except the wireless.

You need also to only Ch1, 6 or 11 and put the two WiFi points on different channels. Regular WiFi uses wider channel than the original ancient 2Mbps that WiFi was designed for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They can't both be connected to the same phone line at the same time either.

Advertisement