Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is This Backpack Waterproof?

• 30-01-2011 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I got an offical Nikon backpack through work a while back, the one they were giving away with the D3000. Does anyone know if they are waterproof?

slr-backpack-alm2306bv.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Should be fairly water resistant I would imagine? The one I have (LowePro) has an optional raincover, so I wouldn't be going out in the monsoon season with it.

You could always test it with no stuff inside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I've got some backpacks that aren't AW (all weather....option rain cover that rolls out) and I've lined the camera section with plastic bags in case I get caught out. The outer material will get wet and the bag swill hopefully reduce the amount of moisture getting into my gear. Obviously if it gets soaked, removed everything form the bag forst chance you get and let it dry out along with the bag. silica gel is good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks guys, I certainly don't plan to take it out in any monsoon conditions. It would be handy for the times when I can't decide whether to take a film camera or the DSLR.

Will give it a trial run shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I usually carry a black trash bag big enough to cover my bag, if it is either is not waterproof or doesn't have a AW cover.

You can get a generic back rain cover from any good outdoor sporting goods store. They run anywhere from about 20-55 euro last I checked. Which is why I opted for the 5.99 for 30 trash bag cover.

Advertisement