Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

abandoned road or track in co clare

• 30-01-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Does anyone know where there is a track or road abandoned in county clare please write back
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭charlie1966

The NRA have abandoned them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

The NRA have abandoned them all.

How very droll :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,470 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The OP wants a gun range to practise using a pistol. and an abandoned road (to practise getaway driving...??)

I wonder what his plan is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Abandoned road off the Kilrush road roundabout, was supposed to lead to the new Ennis national School!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Haha.. is that school not done yet? I'd forgotten about it completely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought the school was just waiting for final planning permission approval?

Anyway, back to the Ops question. There are plenty of roads, but I'm not sure of the legality of firing gun along them, I'm sure the good folks in the shooting forum could help you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

It's actually illegal to shoot or to carry a loaded gun on a public road, "abandoned" or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Is this for the boy racers? If so there won't be much advice given.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

If it's for boy racers and there's an abandoned road in the middle of nowhere away from residents and other road users sounds like a good plan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Op more importantly how much money will you give for driving the getaway car ?:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 sgbrady

when i meant an abondoned track or road in clare i meant to drive along so that i can teach my child

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭fichillie

plenty of empty space in shannon industrial estate, thats where i learned :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

use ennis mart everybody does...but obviously on a day the mart isnt on the weekend is fine but if you break anything my dad will hunt you down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 sgbrady

do the gardai patrol ennis at 12:00 o clock at night
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Locking this thread as I'm not sure of the legality/point in it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement