Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

got 10euro left out of dole-Need to get Drunk

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

nuxxx wrote: »
    What about 100 euros worth?:pac:

Well if I think they shouldnt be able to spend a tenner on booze and €100 is greater than €10 then the answer would be quite obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

k_mac wrote: »
    Well if I think they shouldnt be able to spend a tenner on booze and €100 is greater than €10 then the answer would be quite obvious.

What about a €1,000 worth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Has nobody noticed the OP hasn't responded - he has his 10er drank long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Brandog

Jaysus gone are the old days of recession bustin naggin and a hypodermic.Bang for your buck there me lad

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Go to Dunnes...
    Dark hat - €3.99

Kitchen Knife - €4.99

Cut 3 holes in said hat with knife.... Slip said hat over face...

Walk back into Dunnes.....

You can see where this is going right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Copper23 wrote: »
    Good to see my taxes are going to good use.

Your taxes are bailing out the banks pal. That's where your taxes are really going but please, go ahead, have a go at a WUM who has ten euro to get drunk with. It's really amazing how people are so easily hoodwinked into scapegoating SW recipients and those on minimum wage in Ireland. As though they caused the country to go to the wall. Direct your anger appropriately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

k_mac wrote: »
    Yes
    Even though it's their only source of income and there are **** all jobs? Do you drink? If you do, I very much doubt you'd deny yourself a small few drinks every week if you ended up on the dole - and many who never thought it would happen to them have been wrong over the last two years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Dein wrote: »
    only got a tenner left,anyone know what i can buy for 10 euro that will get me smashed up??

domestos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

Dudess wrote: »
    Even though it's their only source of income and there are **** all jobs? Do you drink? If you do, I very much doubt you'd deny yourself a small few drinks every week if you ended up on the dole - and many who never thought it would happen to them have been wrong over the last two years...
    Spending money on alcohol/tobacco/gambling or drugs is idiotic if your on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Spending money on alcohol/tobacco/gambling or drugs is idiotic if your on the dole.
    It's his/her money. They can spend it on whatever they want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

But not if you're earning?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

What else are they suppose to spend their money on, well besides sky boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

How different would this thread be if the OP had named it -

"I have 10 euro and need to get drunk"

I had a few replies typed to the idiot dole bashers but thought - it's not worth it.

The government decide the amount of social welfare given in this country. It is nobodys business except the recipient of the welfare how it is spent. Also, if a person has worked x number of years and is made redundant, surely they are receiving what they paid into the system in the first place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

Dudess wrote: »
    But not if you're earning?
    No then its good wholesome fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Buy a buss pass and get a job.

We've even got snakes posting on boards now?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

only got a tenner left,anyone know what i can buy for 10 euro that will get me smashed up??

Why don't you spend my taxes on something productive or constructive! People who spend any their dole on 'getting smashed up' don't deserve a penny off the state.

Buy a copy of the FT or Economist, inform yourself of the world. So many better ways to spend your money, while improving you employment opportunities.

Lauder wrote: »
    Why don't you spend my taxes on something productive or constructive! People who spend any their dole on 'getting smashed up' don't deserve a penny off the state.
    could buy some food for your horse maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 82,908 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im so glad that being on the dole has instilled you with a strong sense of fiscal responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble.. ad infinitum.

Chancer trying to stir things up in the dole pot once more :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

the_pits wrote: »
    My brother was manager of a bar in England, he told me that they got loads of students in at weekend, they would buy one quid cocktails that use to come in test tubes, pour it into the palms and them sort it thro their nose, instant hit, straight to brain, job done :D

It's also incorrect. Alcohol absorbsion isn't instant, so snorting it would just make your eyes water.

Eyeball shots are also retarted. Seriously. Just make you blind.

I mean, I'm all up for a bit of a laugh when it comes to shots and irresponible drinking, but that just wastes good(or bad) booze.

You want to get pissed? Get a couple of cheap wines. Or failing that, Martini. 15% abv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

Hit the local, you might have enough for two pints...you never know who you might meet that will be flusher than you on a Sunday evening and may buy you a few more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Laa dee da! tenner left on a sunday aye!

fking showoffs gall me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

buy a fat chick a pint tell her shes gorgeous i bet she gets you pissed and you will get a shag or two:P tell her you will go down town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bekean

gallahad preimium in lidl, think its around 60 cent a can, rough but gets ye f?cked,
    [fellow dole jockey]:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Jaysus OP. I hope the rest of your money went on something more productive or needed.

Buy a copy of the FT or Economist, inform yourself of the world. So many better ways to spend your money, while improving you employment opportunities.

So THATS the secret to getting out of unemployment! Who knew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Tesco 12 bottles of stella etc

http://www.onoffer.ie/retailers/tesco.aspx

Or check out the aldi review

my local supermarket jcs swords do 3 bottles of wine for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

seanybiker wrote: »
    could buy some food for your horse maybe

dont know which post is funnier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

basquille wrote: »
    :eek:

With those Maths skills, you could be a banker! :pac:

Oops. :p

My bad.

I could use the bonuses I suppose..

ArtSmart wrote: »
    dont know which post is funnier.

gotta give it to the other fella. I tried but he out witted me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

How excatly would reading the FT improve your employment opportunities?

Advertisement