Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAELIC TELECOM-STRANGE INTERPRETATION OF LOCAL CALLS

Options
  • 30-01-2011 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi Folks! Just a word to the wise for anyone who may have their phone account with Gaelic.
    I've been with them since Sept 2009, Bills have never been cheap- but never high enough to really be concerned ( not while the Celtic Tiger still roamed these parts!!), but a few months ago, when I started to examine the details in the bills due to some calls being particularly expensive, I found that they were applying National call rates to numbers that should be local calls. Excluding the prefix (091 in my case) if the first 2 digits of the dialled number were not the same as mine- they deemed it non local & applied the national rate.
    We had some polite exhanges, over the phone & then by email. One member of staff decide to make it her lifes mission to prove me wrong & became quite arrogant about the whole situation.
    At this stage I contacted COMREG, who told me the complaints procedure to follow. I did this & left it in their hands.
    After a couple of weeks, Gaelic contacted me & admitted their "error" I got a spreadsheet from them showing all the affected calls from day 1 ( it was going on from the start). They made the adjustments & refunded me.
    It was only worth approx €50 to me, as we don't use the phone much, but it was a matter of principle in the end.
    I would advise any of you, who are customers to take a quick look over your bills & do the calculations. What drew my attention were individual calls which looked particularly expensive ( over €1.00 )
    I'm going through the motions of transferring to VODAFONE as we speak!

Advertisement