Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need window frame repairs after a mini crime spree

• 30-01-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a company that do window repairs? I need the frame of the window repaired as opposed to the glass.

Some scumbag tried breaking into the house this morning and broke part of the frame off. They broke into the shed first and took tools out of it and then used an axe to try break through front windows of the house. They ran off when I came downstairs and turned on all the lights.

When the police arrived they said that they had reports of 12-14 break-ins or attempted break-ins last night so it looks like they were busy. It seems they were going after cars (car keys).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sorry to hear that, where abouts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

To answer your question I would need to know what window was made of ; Timber, PVC, Aluminium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

That's crappy news and a bit of a scary experience no doubt.

I was walking two friends home last night and as I walked through Oakview Drive/Ballinacurra Gardens, the Gardai arrived and stopped a right rough looking pack of scum who had a car. Going by the searching of the scum that was going on, and the shouting, it seemed like they were being grabbed for breaking into something, so maybe they were part of the bunch that went at your house.

They were still being held there at about 4 am when I came strolling back up the road after walking my friends to their houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

@zuroph we are in Corbally.

@Builderfromhell as far as I know it is PVC the part that was broken off looked like plastic.

@Kess73 the police mentioned something about Oakview Drive actually, they had to go to there after they were finished with us. However our attempted break in was at 7:30 this morning. The Police did say that they had one guy and were looking for another one or possibly two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Very same happened in my area up the road from corbally new years eve. Then the same scum returned two weeks ago on a sunday night and then monday night again. Some cheek. Probably the same few muppets!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

was speaking to a garda forensic chap last week and he mentioned a lot of early morning burglaries of late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

Good news, the Garda rang me last night they caught someone for it and had them up in court this morning. So hopefully they wont be back anytime soon.

Bad news, the first window repair guy I had out this morning said that it would be unrepairable and that I would need a new bay window. I am not sure if he was chancing his arm or not so I have a second company booked to call out later. Although on the phone they did say that it sounded like they would need to replace it as well.

One thing I found mildly amusing was that the claims line on Avia takes a lot longer to be answered then the sales/renewal lines. When they did answer they just said we are busy can we ring you back later (still waiting).

Edit: The second company that called out (Christy Campbell) said that he would need to replace the window as well but that to try the original fitters and they could possibly just do the sash. He gave me the name of the two most likely and luckily it was one of those (Munster joinery). So the repair will drop from 1,400 for a new window to about 150 just for a sash and a call out charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Why are you posting their number twice? Do you work for them or have some other connection as pimping a business is frowned upon here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Social Media banned for shilling their website.

Advertisement